Help needed PS4 Dualshock.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. I'm having a problem getting my official DS4 to work with elite dangerous. It works in big picture mode. Once the controller drop down preset selector did show Playstation and PS with yaw but the pad didn't work with those selected.
Things I have tried:
Wired connection:
Running game without big picture mode: Didn't work.
Running game with big picture mode: Didn't work.
Running game with DS4 win without big picture mode: Didn't work.
Running game with DS4 win big picture mode which recognised controller: Didn't work.
Bluetooth connection:
Running game without big picture mode: Didn't work.
Running game with big picture mode: Didn't work.
Running game with DS4 win without big picture mode: Didn't work.
Running game with DS4 win big picture mode which recognised controller: Didn't work.
After each of those changes rebooted and those were the only apps running.
I've searched Steam, Frontier and Reddit with no useful results.
I was oreviously using X52 and also trackball and keyboard. I'm no longer physically able to use them now.
Any help would be awesome.
Thank you.

I use DS4 connected to laptop via USB connector and it works fine, though it doesn't see it as an official DS4 (I get things like "Joystick 14") instead of official DS4 symbols. I also can't use the gyroscope or touch pad, but since switching to VR I don't need headlook anymore so no big deal.

I use DS4 connected to laptop via USB connector and it works fine, though it doesn't see it as an official DS4 (I get things like "Joystick 14") instead of official DS4 symbols. I also can't use the gyroscope or touch pad, but since switching to VR I don't need headlook anymore so no big deal.
Are you using it on Steam tho?

Are you using it on Steam tho?
No. Let me clarify - I play the Steam version of ED, but I don't use the Steam overlay that makes the DS4 look like an XBox controller. ED recognizes the DS4 "out of the box", but it sees it as just another generic controller / HOTAS with various buttons and axis.

No. Let me clarify - I play the Steam version of ED, but I don't use the Steam overlay that makes the DS4 look like an XBox controller. ED recognizes the DS4 "out of the box", but it sees it as just another generic controller / HOTAS with various buttons and axis.
Do you use a controller preset from the fdrop down menu in options?
Also after I get it working I'm going to try to use Steam VR to run it on oculus 2, any tips?

Do you use a controller preset from the fdrop down menu in options?
Also after I get it working I'm going to try to use Steam VR to run it on oculus 2, any tips?
As I recall, I chose "custom" and mapped all the controls by hand. This is because I had been playing for two years on PS4 with a custom mapping, so I had to replicate that on PC best I could due to muscle memory. I then created a new DS4 profile from that custom map. I can provide my binding files if it would be useful.

As for Oculus, once you play using Steam VR just once, the Oculus software will register Elite as if you had bought it via Oculus, allowing you to launch ED from the Oculus menu without needing Steam VR. You'll still need Steam itself running, but you'll not need the extra VR layer (thus giving a few extra fps IIRC).

Top Bottom