Help with Guardian Site

Hey all,
I need some advice or help, doing the guardian mission. I've watched the youtube videos and read the tutorials and I understand what I need to do. It's all really easy and simple when you're looking at a map straight down that shows towers 1,2,3,4,5,5 and where the "x" is. But once in my SRV, I'm completely lost. I can't find "the machine" and can't find the "x"'s and can't activate the turrets.

I cant find a single x or activate even 1 pilon.

It's frustrating because I know what to do, but can't find where to do it.

Any advice/help please?

Edit: ok, I seem to have stumbled upon the initial x setting off the timer. But I can't find where everything is with my SRV view. Yes, if i had a view looking down I could track where to go, but I get lost in the ruins and can't find stuff.

Last edited:
Assuming you are in the dark - just turn on your night vision and drive around getting a feel for the place. I find it very disorienting at times too - I don't know why that is.

Hmm, your 3rd thread on this subject today ... don't know why you expect different advice in a new thread

Maybe if you listened to some of the advice on any of these threads, tried it out and reported back, rather than ignoring the advice and just starting a new thread every few hours you might make some progress...

Last edited:
Hi, and thanks for the thoughtful insight.

My first post was in the Guardians section, and after waiting a bit, no one had replied. So, being in the middle of the site and trying to figure it out, I thought I'd post in the newcomers section because I've had good luck there.

I received some great advice there, but it all supposed a certain knowledge on my part that I lacked. That's no fault of the people offering advice, but when asked "is your night vision on" ... I did not know what night vision was at the time. When asked "are you using your external camera," I did not know how to do that. When criticized about my SRV driving, I did not know the SRV had a vertical thrust allowing me to "jump."

So again, those giving advice assumed I knew such things and made suggestions based on that.

Because I wasn't getting info that I could use (nothing at all on post 1 at the time and advice i couldn't use yet on post #2), I tried to delete them and then post a 3rd time explaining my deficiencies and attempting to be more clear on what I needed help with. Unfortunately this site doesn't allow you to delete posts, so I ended up with three, with the third one hopefully being clear enough to get what I needed.

I enjoy learning new things, but this game has ALWAYS had a huge learning curve. There is tons of information out there, almost too much, and again a lot of it assumes you know something already. It's very very difficult to find "an idiot newbie guide to an SRV" that explains, if you ever need to "jump" there is something called "vertical thrust." Yes, it's out there, but it's challenging to find if you don't know you need to learn about vertical thrust in the first place. 99% of the excellent tutorials assume you have knowledge which is hard when you don't, because then you have to search for more video's or posts to explain it (ex: "use the diddle key to turn on camera suite"... WTH does that mean? Now, 7 hours later I know, but that assumes I know what a "diddle key" is and what a "camera suite" is as well.

I've never used the camera. I never felt a need to. I dislike driving the SRV to collect minerals and stuff, so I just have little experience with it. Maybe that makes me a bad player or an idiot... but it is what it is.

I'm sure you pick up everything as easily as a fish swimming through water, but not all of us do.

I appreciate the others that took the time to be thoughtful and not critical and offer well-meaning advice. It was a struggle, but I have gained the basics of the camera now and learned how to jump in the SRV. I'm still having difficulty with finding what I need at the Guardian site, but I think I now have the knowledge to begin to figure it out for myself using the advice and tools those thoughtful people offered.

Hmm, your 3rd thread on this subject today ... don't know why you expect different advice in a new thread

Maybe if you listened to some of the advice on any of these threads, tried it out and reported back, rather than ignoring the advice and just starting a new thread every few hours you might make some progress...

Top Bottom