Help!

I've been searching google and forums for almost an hour, so apologies for the dumb question and happy to be pointed to any other thread with the answer. Anyway, I'm completely stymied and just don't understand how anyone has ever built a rapids ride! Every time I've tried in any sandbox game, once I get into a drop or lift all options besides "mid -section" are greyed out, so I can't get out of the drop or lift thus can't continue building the ride. Is it because I'm building backward? (I'm trying to end a drop at a specific spot, so I'm building backward up from the base of the drop. Once I "start" the drop, it won't let me end it!" I've been stuck and I guess I'm basically about to quit the game.

I've been searching google and forums for almost an hour, so apologies for the dumb question and happy to be pointed to any other thread with the answer. Anyway, I'm completely stymied and just don't understand how anyone has ever built a rapids ride! Every time I've tried in any sandbox game, once I get into a drop or lift all options besides "mid -section" are greyed out, so I can't get out of the drop or lift thus can't continue building the ride. Is it because I'm building backward? (I'm trying to end a drop at a specific spot, so I'm building backward up from the base of the drop. Once I "start" the drop, it won't let me end it!" I've been stuck and I guess I'm basically about to quit the game.
A-ha! It does seem to be because I'm trying to build in reverse. Because I'm trying to end the drop in a specific place, I thought I'd start at the bottom.... but it won't let me do that! Instead I have to find a way to "aim" the ride so that it ends where I want it.

Top Bottom