CQC Hey which are the most important unlocks in CQC

Like, let's say you are or know a player who's playing at the top levels of gameplay. What unlocks do you/they like having the most? What are the most valuable upgrades that you earned from ranking?

Like, let's say you are or know a player who's playing at the top levels of gameplay. What unlocks do you/they like having the most? What are the most valuable upgrades that you earned from ranking?

The best loadout in the game could very well be the stock Condor. So just pick what you think fits your play style. As there is really no stand out unlock that is an absolute game changer.

Like, let's say you are or know a player who's playing at the top
levels of gameplay. What unlocks do you/they like having the most? What are the most valuable upgrades that you earned from ranking?
I got to level 35 in beta...... Best ship ( for me ) is condor..... Fast charge shields , rapid cannon, thruster upgrade , reinforced armour, ..... That's it really ,,,,, most important is to just keep upgrading the basics......all of this is available at around Lev 20...... I don't like lasers too power hungry,,,,,, ( plasma cannon is a joy ) .....4 pips to shields all the time for me..... And forgot chaff is a must and is available from the start...

Last edited:
The best loadout in the game could very well be the stock Condor. So just pick what you think fits your play style. As there is really no stand out unlock that is an absolute game changer.

Yeah, engine focused Condor is my goto loadout.

Engine upgrades for condor. Shields and armour for Sideys. Eagle upgrades are strange, by the time you get them you're close to prestiging. Given how ridiculously powerful the eagles are in the right hands from the get go; it's.. well.. strange.

At level 14 and using the Condor, most of the unlocks so far are terrible, I would consider them a downgrade. Using the enhanced boost and reverse shields but they are the only ones. I might use the repeater cannon (I think it was called) except for that damn HUD bug that means I cannot see the lead aiming circle thingies (or any other bloody targeting information) so they were completely useless for me.

Last edited:
No silent running? I was thinking that could be better than chaff

Chaff is your friend when evading. I tried silent running in beta testing. I've never used it in the real game, so I'm a real noob with it. I just parked behind an asteroid for one round to turn it on and off. Even sitting still, it overheats, and unless you're in an Eagle, there's no heat sink to cool you down.

I may play a round where I try it again, especially under fire.

I've been running a Boosty Condor to Rank25 with Pulse Lasers. You simply out maneuver everything and Chaff and Speed is simply the best defense. Shields just delay the inevitable.

Silent Running is pretty deep in and has some potential, but I will take the time to give it a shot.

Last edited:
I might use the repeater cannon (I think it was called) except for that damn HUD bug that means I cannot see the lead aiming circle thingies (or any other bloody targeting information) so they were completely useless for me.
It works on PC but does not go by the In-Game Setting if you with the reticle to follow the target and NOT the lead. It really should if Game Settings are to customize. Though it only ruins it if you do mix 2 weapons on 1 fire button. FD must fix this seriously.

My current favorite loadout is the condor with burst lasers, a weapon focused power distributor, the reversed resistance shields, and if you're feeling confident the efficiency boost module. I'm currently rank 44 and I don't use much else, although I do have a variant that is super resistant to kinetic damage in case I come up against a team using a lot of it.

Burst lasers for condor are pretty sweet, along with the super boost diverter which helps with either fleeing a fight or catching up to your target.

Stock Condor is a ablast, although I find Engine Focus, Super Boost / Fast Boost to my playstyle.
Flying with Beam Heat Sink Stock Eagle also works against players too reliant on the gimbals.

Sidewinder seems like an all around "i dont care, come closer" sorta ship, but you have to have opponents you can bait to do so. .

I believe Silent Running is ineffective if you're within 500m, at least in the main game anyway.

I use the Eagle with Cannons, 4/2/0. I can 2 Shot Condors, often go 8/0 in Deathmatch.

Top Bottom