Hi,

just wanted to pop in and say hi. Excellent game with depth. Been playing since start of january and I've really enjoyed it.

Any recommendations for minimum adder combat specs to accept "federal naval progression opportunity"?

cheers,
Sharca

Welcome! Fist 2-3 Naval progression opportunities will be just haul runs - get stuff and bring it back, deliver the cargo, deliver the message. No combat there whatsoever. If I remember correctly the fourth one is a bounty hunting run for pirates - piece of cake. You drop into an USS without any cargo in the hold and shoot Sideys that try to scan you. You will have bigger and scarier ships floating around and scanning you, but unless you have cargo they do not attack. So pick and choose. Next one is an assassination mission for a Federal Dropship. Those are not as bad as Anacondas but do pack a decent punch. I would prefer to do that mission in a Viper if at all possible. Never flown an Adder, but would put a C2 multicannon in its medium hardpoint and target either FSD or power plant on the target. It would try to get away if seriously damaged.

For the procurement missions avoid taking combat stabilizers ones. First you can't get them anywhere close; second the time limit is ridiculous; third, they are illegal in most ports.

Welcome! Fist 2-3 Naval progression opportunities will be just haul runs - get stuff and bring it back, deliver the cargo, deliver the message. No combat there whatsoever. If I remember correctly the fourth one is a bounty hunting run for pirates - piece of cake. You drop into an USS without any cargo in the hold and shoot Sideys that try to scan you. You will have bigger and scarier ships floating around and scanning you, but unless you have cargo they do not attack. So pick and choose. Next one is an assassination mission for a Federal Dropship. Those are not as bad as Anacondas but do pack a decent punch. I would prefer to do that mission in a Viper if at all possible. Never flown an Adder, but would put a C2 multicannon in its medium hardpoint and target either FSD or power plant on the target. It would try to get away if seriously damaged.

For the procurement missions avoid taking combat stabilizers ones. First you can't get them anywhere close; second the time limit is ridiculous; third, they are illegal in most ports.

it's the second or third (forgot to mention) where you will assasinate some general. I'll wait to get myself a decent viper with some punch and shield then. Thank's for the advices :)

Sharca

Yeah, I wouldn't try the assassination mission in an Adder. I did it in a Cobra without too much trouble, though. I had to run away the first time I fought him, but I added shield cells to my loadout and took him down on the second try. Oh, and he's probably not Wanted in the system where you find him, so it's a good idea to wait for him to take the first shot. If you're lucky and have "report crimes against me" turned on, some security forces might even show up to help you out.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't try the assassination mission in an Adder. I did it in a Cobra without too much trouble, though. I had to run away the first time I fought him, but I added shield cells to my loadout and took him down on the second try. Oh, and he's probably not Wanted in the system where you find him, so it's a good idea to wait for him to take the first shot. If you're lucky and have "report crimes against me" turned on, some security forces might even show up to help you out.

good point. Must save some credits for a Viper/Cobra then! :)

/Sharca

Top Bottom