General / Off-Topic Hilarious counter to youth bemoaning the elder generations re climate change

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Brother, if my eyes rolled any further they'd fall out of the back of my head. Like I said, if it's a flavor of Koolaid you prefer then I'm sure you're going to qualify it as "objective" and "fact based." I don't particularly subscribe to any one news source as I'm well aware of their agenda's, but I'll simplify the narrative for you: if the news source in question is attacking the administration that's leading America to the greatest economic prosperity in our lifetime or in any way shape or form supporting impeachment it's a steaming pile of leftist swill.

First of all, I'm not your brother.

Objective and fact based are words that actually have a meaning. It means the exact opposite of what you said, namely that they are the same regardless of whatever opinion you hold. No analysis, no speculation, no opinion.

It seems like your overton window is skewed so far to the right that you can't even distinguish opinions from facts as long as they don't support your views.

First of all, I'm not your brother.

Objective and fact based are words that actually have a meaning. It means the exact opposite of what you said, namely that they are the same regardless of whatever opinion you hold. No analysis, no speculation, no opinion.

It seems like your overton window is skewed so far to the right that you can't even distinguish opinions from facts as long as they don't support your views.
If you don't like how I'm referring to you quit addressing me. Also, you've mistaken your own opinions for fact, which I shouldn't have to point out to you that they aren't but I will anyway. As far as my "skewed window" goes, well, I just have to wonder about anyone who doesn't want prosperity, security and freedom for their neighbors, given what the opposite is.

Brother, if my eyes rolled any further they'd fall out of the back of my head. Like I said, if it's a flavor of Koolaid you prefer then I'm sure you're going to qualify it as "objective" and "fact based." I don't particularly subscribe to any one news source as I'm well aware of their agenda's, but I'll simplify the narrative for you: if the news source in question is attacking the administration that's leading America to the greatest economic prosperity in our lifetime or in any way shape or form supporting impeachment it's a steaming pile of leftist swill.

Sources?

If you don't like how I'm referring to you quit addressing me. Also, you've mistaken your own opinions for fact, which I shouldn't have to point out to you that they aren't but I will anyway. As far as my "skewed window" goes, well, I just have to wonder about anyone who doesn't want prosperity, security and freedom for their neighbors, given what the opposite is.

Your own criteria for "objective media" are based on opinions lol.

Your own criteria for "objective media" are based on opinions lol.
You're going to have to point to where I named any news sources that were wholly objective, or even named a trusted news source at all to make that one stick, my young friend. All I did was lay out a guideline to judge who the worst among them were.

You're going to have to point to where I named any news sources that were wholly objective, or even named a trusted news source at all to make that one stick, my young friend. All I did was lay out a guideline to judge who the worst among them were.

if the news source in question is attacking the administration that's leading America to the greatest economic prosperity in our lifetime or in any way shape or form supporting impeachment it's a steaming pile of leftist swill.

Bias != Something you don't like to hear/read.

Bias != Something you don't like to hear/read.
Lol. Like I said, I laid out a rough guideline, didn't name any particular (much less specific!) source that i subscribe to. The bottom line is that I know that I'm being lied to to varying degrees by all news sources, while on the other hand you guys think the sources that you agree with are all telling you the truth.

Lol. Like I said, I laid out a rough guideline, didn't name any particular (much less specific!) source that i subscribe to. The bottom line is that I know that I'm being lied to to varying degrees by all news sources, while on the other hand you guys think the sources that you agree with are all telling you the truth.

Given how wrong you are here in the forums, I can only wonder how often you think X is wrong and tag it under one of your conspiracies while being perfectly true. You think you know, but we've shown you don't.

Also, I do not cover under the rug or ignore mistakes or lies made by the information sources I use, notice those aren't opinions.

Given how wrong you are here in the forums, I can only wonder how often you think X is wrong and tag it under one of your conspiracies while being perfectly true. You think you know, but we've shown you don't.

Also, I do not cover under the rug or ignore mistakes or lies made by the information sources I use, notice those aren't opinions.
Didn't anyone ever teach you that you don't have to chase every stick?

If you don't like how I'm referring to you quit addressing me.

Nah, I'm just going to ask you to refer to me differently.

Also, you've mistaken your own opinions for fact, which I shouldn't have to point out to you that they aren't but I will anyway.

Pretty damn sure I don't, because I can actually source what I say. You on the other hand, seem to think that fact-based and objective reporting are somehow connected to your personal opinion.

As far as my "skewed window" goes, well, I just have to wonder about anyone who doesn't want prosperity, security and freedom for their neighbors, given what the opposite is.

Based on our past interactions, I sincerely doubt that you want any of these things for your neighbours.

Which is something you flat out assume, because neither I nor anyone else said any of that. Judging by your comments about the ongoing administration that seems to be the case for you more than for anyone else here.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom