Hints of Upcoming DLC

So today is Thursday the 26th of November.

Colour variations, which was one of the focus points of the last big update, were revealed on the 6th of August, on a Thursday. The Aussie pack came out on the 25th of August, a Tuesday. That's 2 weeks and 5 days. Every DLC pack so far has been released on a Tuesday.

If they repeat the release pattern, then I suspect we can expect the next DLC on the 15th of December.

They also said they want to end the year on a high note which makes me excited. :) Even if we get just another 4 animals pack, I'll be just as happy. :)

EDIT: They also revealed Aussie pack 5 days before release, so if we're lucky we might get the DLC reveal on the 10th of December.

Yes, would be similar timing as last year, just as I though. Really excited what is to come. I was never expecting more than 4 animals, so I wont be dissapointed. If anything, I can only be surprised. :)

I had a tiny ray of hope we might get it sooner, but this is just as fine. I think I'm honestly just as excited about the update as I am for the DLC. The educator opens up so many new possibilities for creativity. :D

I might be too excited by the news and I'm just seeing things where there's nothing to see, but what are the pieces in the background between the two adults listening to the animal talk? Is that piece already in the game?

I might be too excited by the news and I'm just seeing things where there's nothing to see, but what are the pieces in the background between the two adults listening to the animal talk? Is that piece already in the game?

Looks like one of those asian theme lamp to me. Not sure though, could be anything.

It's the Panda Park career map:

I can't upload the file - it gives an error. Don't know why.

But that structure is in-game, in the Panda Park

EDIT: found a workaround

Planet_Zoo_2020.11.26_-_13.18.17.00.png

and

Planet_Zoo_2020.11.26_-_13.18.49.01.png

Last edited:

You're not the only one! I looked too and couldn't find anything new. As Foxy said the lamp does look like it's from the Asian theme.

My bets for the release date are 15 th or 17th if december now. Everything else would be too close to christmas to do hot fixes if needed and after christmas just wouldn't make sense business wise. Any earlier is also unliekly, as the current news say "in the next few weeks" and there isn't much of "few weeks" left otherwise.

My bets for the release date are 15 th or 17th if december now. Everything else would be too close to christmas to do hot fixes if needed and after christmas just wouldn't make sense business wise. Any earlier is also unliekly, as the current news say "in the next few weeks" and there isn't much of "few weeks" left otherwise.
I could see them doing another teaser unrelated to the dlc, but pertaining to the update, such as what was done today. Probably next Thursday. And then the Thursday after that, December 10th, they start teasing the actual dlc.

History tells it will be Tuesday, so the 17th can almost certainly be removed as a possibility for release.
As for content and bug fixing. I've seen it before where it was delayed till after Christmas, as long as it's not a gamebreaking bug.

So with the scheduled animal presentations, do you think this confirms aquatic DLC. I mean the usual Sea Lion shows.

They also sound like they've been working on something big and want to end on high note

So with the scheduled animal presentations, do you think this confirms aquatic DLC. I mean the usual Sea Lion shows.

They also sound like they've been working on something big and want to end on high note

Personally I don’t think it confirms anything at all but I definitely get the sense that something interesting is on the way.

This is the most exciting part for me. They must have something big prepared. I can't imagine just another "normal" 4 animal DLC.
With Planet Coaster the December DLCs were just normal DLCs by the looks, being the same price as normal.

JWE was a bit different on that front, having a major and minor DLC the first November/December and the biggest & smallest DLCs for the second.

Safest assumption is for something similar sized, though they could just cut down on scenery if they want to do something fancy.

Last edited:
Planet Coaster had several new feature updates followed by standard DLC. I wouldn't think a new feature means anything special about DLC size.

Well, it didn't for the Australia Pack, certainly. We got colour variation in 1.3 and then Australia. No reason to think this is going to be any different. I'd rather everyone was hyped for something more basic - at least that way if they do surprise it nobody will be unhappy, but if they don't nobody will be disappointed.

Top Bottom