Holo-me kid.

Hooked up my friend on ED few month ago. Now his 9 year old kid started to play it too and asking how to make his "pilot guy" to look like him. I almost lost my mind with this holo-me thing, created bunch of characters with different level of ugliness and gave up. Any ideas?

I tried to make mine look like an old war photo of my grandfather.

There’s a family resemblance, but it doesn’t look like either of us really.

The Holo-me sliders only apply a fade in/out feature which is a pain to work with. I created a Peter Cushing look alike a long time ago and even that was not perfect as most features you need to sculpt a proper replica are missing. You are basically stuck with default features you can apply in various levels of opacity.
Best suggestion would be to reach out to someone who can try to replicate the new young pilot and have them try then hand over screen shots of the settings they used.
20170303190348_1-jpg.116572
latest

I managed to make mine pretty well.. He's actually cooler than me with those sun glasses... I took a recent picture and a mirror to make it... It took me almost 1 hour

I managed to make mine pretty well.. He's actually cooler than me with those sun glasses... I took a recent picture and a mirror to make it... It took me almost 1 hour
Yeah, I was able to create something that looks like bad picture of myself at some point too but settled on default guy because he was less ugly. Lol. With adults it is somewhat doable and the problem is not even the photographic resemblance to the real person, I just don't see any options to make a little fella pilot for the kid. I guess some kind of "Age" slider for the character would do the trick.

I believe Frontier have added an ugliness coefficient to the game based on the playerbase...with a few <ahem> notable exceptions mitigating this factor.

In my experience, cmdrs in open are not that bad looking...but then again, I've lived in Manchester.

Hooked up my friend on ED few month ago. Now his 9 year old kid started to play it too and asking how to make his "pilot guy" to look like him. I almost lost my mind with this holo-me thing, created bunch of characters with different level of ugliness and gave up. Any ideas?
Ask your friend to take care of his kid.

Top Bottom