Horizons Beta Screenshot & Video Competition

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

The Horizons beta is almost live!

As mentioned by David Braben in his recent video upload, there are some planets out there which have an extra high level of finish to them. At release, all planets will have this level of finish, but while they are less common in the beta we thought we would have a little fun.

Get the most amazing screenshot or video on or around these planets with higher surface detail and post a link to them in this thread.

We’ll pick 3 winners with the most beautiful, interesting and inspiring entries to win a paint job of their choice from the Frontier store!

Legal stuff (terms and conditions)…

The competition will end when the 2.0 Horizons beta ends.
3 people will be selected by the Community Team
The criteria for selection will be based on how creative, interesting and visually impressive they are
The Winners will be contacted by forum private message.
The winners will have 3 days after the beta closers to reply otherwise a new winner will be selected
The winners will each be able to pick any paint job of their choice, currently available for sale on the Frontier Store

Nice. Will you guys be allowing better control over the debug camera or allow it to zoom out quite abit further than it currently does?! There a lot of potential for some stunning video capture now with Horizons, a bit more freedom on the camera would be a real nice touch. Any Chance?

EK

Last edited:
Great !

Any hints on what type of planets possess this high level of details ?

I would say airless planets in our own solar system would be a good place (but not the moon, as that'll come later as its extra special!).

Last edited:
A few screenies from Kaushpoos 3 moon.

rIv2x5z.jpg

xqYT2oC.jpg

rGCHtAA.jpg

aGkgR7x.jpg

But i forgot to buy a SRV DOH!!!!

My first planetary landing.....

[video=youtube_share;_Z0LQe8dymc]https://youtu.be/_Z0LQe8dymc[/video]

I am in 3 screen surround view mode... Thus the size and I don't know how to make the video bigger for better display...

Last edited:
I want to win... here are some more shots... Have not been able to do another video due to CTD every time I am on planet... so for now screenshots...

EliteDangerous64 2015-11-30 20-07-48-24.jpgEliteDangerous64 2015-11-30 20-08-15-22.jpgEliteDangerous64 2015-11-30 20-08-37-38.jpgEliteDangerous64 2015-11-30 20-08-46-57.jpg

Screenshot_0103a.png

Screenshot_0105a.png

oops I left the orbit lines on
Screenshot_0077a.png

Sorry for the double attachments but I can't see how to get rid of one or both :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_0078a.png
    Screenshot_0078a.png
    1 MB · Views: 345
  • Screenshot_0089a.png
    Screenshot_0089a.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom