Horizons Horizons Newbie question

All looking good, headed off into deep space and found an unexplored planet to land on :) One small step for me!

But my question is how do I search for objects of interest? Can I scan the surface from orbit ? I've been searching for a how too on this, anyone point me at one ? I've found a tutorial on how to drive the rover and track things down that way.

Thanks

Stay above 2km altitude and zoom your scanner out, you'll eventually see blue circles indicating something interesting is somewhere below. They'll disappear when you get low enough to investigate the surface from your ship or SRV, but it'll give you a rough idea where to start searching. If you can't spot anything from your ship, land, dismiss your ship and use the SRV wave scanner to narrow it down.

All looking good, headed off into deep space and found an unexplored planet to land on :) One small step for me!

But my question is how do I search for objects of interest? Can I scan the surface from orbit ? I've been searching for a how too on this, anyone point me at one ? I've found a tutorial on how to drive the rover and track things down that way.

Thanks

If you go to the training section of the game and then training videos, FD have put in 4 new vids showing various aspects of Horizons. Hopefully this will help, probably the wave scanner one for your question

Top Bottom