Completed Horses

[video=youtube;d5AhRPFCMqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5AhRPFCMqk[/video]

Got a couple horses finished. These won't be the last horse or horse-related creatures I do, either - but I wanted to get these guys out there since I was working on them for quite a long time to get the materials right. They are fully flexicolor and animated.

LOD stats for both versions:

L0 - 2674
L1 - 1893
L2 - 1379
L3 - 839
L4 - 417
L5 - 264

Thank you guys :D

Will a piebald version be released?

I do plan to release a paint color scheme. I know piebald is technically slightly different, but the look would be about the same, with the color patterns re-colorable.

My plans for pretty soon are:
  • A pinto/paint horse color scheme
  • Tack (a saddle and reins... they're going to be a little weird as I'll be making them as a separate, and in some cases, animated pieces, but it'll make them more versatile so they can be used for different horse color patterns)
  • A unicorn (pretty close to done on this, actually!)
  • A couple more horse animations

Future horse-related plans:
  • A shire horse and a pony (both require quite a lot of reworking of the model, so it won't be an immediate thing)
  • A riding cowboy (I need to get brave enough to try out human figures!)
  • Pegasus wings (separate file so they can be attached to any horse variation)
  • A centaur (same human problem as the riding cowboy)

As I make any of these items, I'll post them in this thread.

Could I possibly add a request?

Could you make a stationary horse or a two horse team with full harness that could be placed in front of a wagon, to appear as if it is hooked up and ready to pull?

Thank you very much!

Could I possibly add a request?

Could you make a stationary horse or a two horse team with full harness that could be placed in front of a wagon, to appear as if it is hooked up and ready to pull?

Thank you very much!

Hmm... I figured I'd wait until I did bigger horses (shire/draft/Clydesdale types) to do a harness, but if you'd like a harness for the quarter horses, I can add that to my list of tack to create for them. It might take me a little while to get those pieces out, I'm a bit better at making animals than with man-made stuff. Basically it'd be a harness as a separate piece, that could be fitted over the horse that's standing still. Would that work for what you need?

Hmm... I figured I'd wait until I did bigger horses (shire/draft/Clydesdale types) to do a harness, but if you'd like a harness for the quarter horses, I can add that to my list of tack to create for them. It might take me a little while to get those pieces out, I'm a bit better at making animals than with man-made stuff. Basically it'd be a harness as a separate piece, that could be fitted over the horse that's standing still. Would that work for what you need?

Absolutely. If you want to wait for the draft horses, that would be fine too. Thank you for even considering it!

Unicorns only required a little tweaking - smaller than the horses, with a more slender build, a different tail, cloven hooves, and a horn, of course. They're fully flexicolor for some pretty variations - or they look pretty gorgeous in jet black too!

[video=youtube;uJzoM7HsKeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJzoM7HsKeg[/video]

There are three animations this time - standing idle, rearing, and bowing the head as though to touch its horn to something.

Standing (idle animation)
Rearing
Head bow

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Unicorns only required a little tweaking - smaller than the horses, with a more slender build, a different tail, cloven hooves, and a horn, of course. They're fully flexicolor for some pretty variations - or they look pretty gorgeous in jet black too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJzoM7HsKeg

There are three animations this time - standing idle, rearing, and bowing the head as though to touch its horn to something.

Standing (idle animation)
Rearing
Head bow

UNICORNS!!!

I do plan to release a paint color scheme. I know piebald is technically slightly different, but the look would be about the same, with the color patterns re-colorable.

My plans for pretty soon are:
  • A pinto/paint horse color scheme
  • Tack (a saddle and reins... they're going to be a little weird as I'll be making them as a separate, and in some cases, animated pieces, but it'll make them more versatile so they can be used for different horse color patterns)
  • A unicorn (pretty close to done on this, actually!)
  • A couple more horse animations

Future horse-related plans:
  • A shire horse and a pony (both require quite a lot of reworking of the model, so it won't be an immediate thing)
  • A riding cowboy (I need to get brave enough to try out human figures!)
  • Pegasus wings (separate file so they can be attached to any horse variation)
  • A centaur (same human problem as the riding cowboy)

As I make any of these items, I'll post them in this thread.

Great news and Thank you!

Top Bottom