How can I properly record?

Does anyone know a good way to record planet coaster, I've been trying all day with different programs but none of them actually record (or with major lag). I tried OBS, Fraps, the Xbox recording thing which is on my own laptop. I also tried to use Shadowplay but appearently it isn't compatible with laptops.

As of now I'm not able to record anything :(

I use either Fraps (High FPS hit) or D3DGear (paid version - lower FPS hit) Of course, I am on a desktop.

Last edited:
OBS Studio is a good choice! The right setting depends on your system performance

I know, I read multiple times that it is a good program but even on the lowest settings it won't properly work. My laptop isn't that bad in perfonce, has intel i7 and Nvidia Geforce 920M

I use Fraps. Not yet used on PC but works perfectly in all other games.

Fraps unfortunatly doesn't seem to work[blah]

I don't have any issue with FRAPS. That's weird.

Specs_zpspabbhqyi.jpg

I use Fraps. If you can, put the recording software on to a different drive to that of Planet Coaster... [happy]

Last edited:
What most people do is to stream live at twitch. Then download the vids from twitch and then cutting the videos and make time lapse videos

I tried fraps again, and now it did work. Didn't change anything in the settings so I think the download was corrupted or something[bored]

In any case thank you all !! [big grin]

I honestly would use OBS Studio or anything other than fraps (I know I will get hate for this). But what I found out is that fraps lies about your frame rate in the top right corner. For example it could say I'm in 60 fps when I'm really in 30.

Last edited:
Top Bottom