How do hitboxes work for walls and animals?

I feel that for quite a few animals, the requirements for spaces in the walls are far too large. For example, even with a 4-meter gap in the wall, a crocodile can't move from one room to another. Even the giraffes can't do it even though they're quite skinny.

I am wondering if this can be evaluated.

This has been asked for a number of times… Chante replied to it somewhere and said that decreasing the hit box sizes would reduce performance and mean more clipping so there weren’t any plans to reduce the hit boxes. That was a while ago. Crocodiles, dragons and monitors are the worst affected because thery’re so long and thin - the hit box is (roughly) the length of the animal in a circle (possibly a sphere?) around its centre point.
For dragons it’s pretty severe - you loose about 1/10 of the area of an empty habitat just because of the distance from the walls. Any rocks, plants, enrichment etc. makes this even worse.

I don't believe that it can't be fixed in some way. Because right now, you have to make ridiculous accommodations. For example, grizzlies can go through a 4m hallway but a seal can't which is insane.

I don't believe that it can't be fixed in some way. Because right now, you have to make ridiculous accommodations. For example, grizzlies can go through a 4m hallway but a seal can't which is insane.
Surely you've seen the discussions on this in the past. You've been here since launch.

The thing is it could be fixed, but the last time it was brought up it was revealed that the tradeoff would hurt the game more than help it.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Back
Top Bottom