Newcomer / Intro How do you know whether you can dock at a mission settlement without actually trying to land there? 140494

How do you know whether you can dock at a mission settlement without actually trying to land there?

I think if it is a high security facility it isn’t dockable (also indicated by the + marks), also if you could dock there would be something other than Mission and Mercenary in the local activities section of the description.

From what I understand - which amounts to very little so salt pinches required - yes, those bases with + or ++ when looking at the planet from your system map don't like strangers much. They're local bases for local people; they'll be no trouble there.

From what I understand - which amounts to very little so salt pinches required - yes, those bases with + or ++ when looking at the planet from your system map don't like strangers much. They're local bases for local people; they'll be no trouble there.

The bases with the + signs after them are simply locations for missions to scan things, blow things up or destroy skimmers at. The + signs refer to the size of the base, 1 for small, 2 for medium, 3 for large. The security level is separate from the size and listed separately. They never have docking facilities, and there's no way to communicate with the bases, other than to scan things, blow things up or destroy their skimmers.

But then this has been explained to the OP before...

Um. Is it:
Scroll down Nav panel to the base.
Look at the icon s in the column to the left of the name.
Clicking on the name will give information including 'local activities'.

This should be enough information to let you know if you can dock or not.

The icon for the settlement is different in each case. In the screenshot posted above, you can't dock at that settlement.

For dockable planetary bases, the icon has a clear tower.

edit

Like this:

Hc33LEA.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom