How Much More Do I Need?

So, I am currently Pioneer 60% with 118 million exploration data submitted.

About 30 years ago I failed O'level maths (twice) but I can calculate that 118 is not 60% of 160.

I am now 15K ly out with around 21 million scan data to submit.

My old brain hurts so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The amount you need for Elite will differ depending on how much you submitted before the update in prices... it is around 150 - 160 mill for Elite, I am currently 85% of the way there with each 1mill I sell is about 1%... a rough calculation but I will get there when I get there.. just enjoy the sceneary..

Mal

You're 60% of the way through the rank, not 60% of the way to Elite.

Given that:
Pioneer is 70MCr
Elite is 150MCr

And:
You are at 118MCr

So...

It's 80MCr from Pioneer to Elite. 60% of 80 is 48.

70 + 48 = 118

Works out.

I passed O level Maths over 30 years ago :)

Hi, I was lucky enough to reach 0% Pioneer which is a great bench mark for the calculation, there is bound to be a small error as there is no way of knowing how much over each mark I was but it looks pretty conclusive that each % = 1 Mil or as near as makes no difference so from that I will stick my neck out and say OP you need 40 Mil to reach Elite.

Good Luck, (back to finishing my last 14%:)).

0 percent Expo.jpg86 percent Expo.jpg

You're 60% of the way through the rank, not 60% of the way to Elite.

Given that:
Pioneer is 70MCr
Elite is 150MCr

And:
You are at 118MCr

So...

It's 80MCr from Pioneer to Elite. 60% of 80 is 48.

70 + 48 = 118

Works out.

I passed O level Maths over 30 years ago :)

I also could not get the numbers to work out.
However, I did used the correct math.
What I do/did not have was the correct numbers.
CG, can you share your numbers.
Mine are surly wrong.

These are what I have been using:
Aimless 0
Mostly Aimless 10,000
Scout 184,141
Surveyor 571,000
Trailblazer 2,225,000
Pathfinder 5,500,000
Ranger 18,100,000
Pioneer 55,500,000
Elite 160,500,000

I am 5% pioneer at 54 million. 1 million is about 1% on my figures, that is about 100 hrs game play to go if I do not go to the neutron field

I am 5% pioneer at 54 million. 1 million is about 1% on my figures, that is about 100 hrs game play to go if I do not go to the neutron field

100 hours of gameplay?! How much do you scan bro?
I took at least 200-300 hours to get from pioneer to Elite, then again i'm not very efficent.

I also could not get the numbers to work out.
However, I did used the correct math.
What I do/did not have was the correct numbers.
CG, can you share your numbers.
Mine are surly wrong.

These are what I have been using:
Aimless 0
Mostly Aimless 10,000
Scout 184,141
Surveyor 571,000
Trailblazer 2,225,000
Pathfinder 5,500,000
Ranger 18,100,000
Pioneer 55,500,000
Elite 160,500,000

These are approximate :

EXPLORATION RANKS(post 1.1)
==============
AIMLESS: ~ 0-20000
MOSTLY AIMLESS: ~20000+
SCOUT: ~180000+
SURVEYOR: ~650000+
TRAILBLAZER: ~2 Million+
PATHFINDER: ~5 Million+
RANGER: ~20 Million+
PIONEER: ~65 Million+
ELITE: ~160 Million+

Last edited:
I made Elite at 145M, as I made 20M prior to 1.2 release. I worked on the assumption of 156M less 50% of what was made prior to 1.2 release.

I seem to be getting roughly 1% rank per 1 million credits worth of data returned. I returned from my great big trip to Sagi A* just a few days before the big exploration cash rate patch hit, that trip was worth a tad over 30 million credits, maybe close to 35 million...

I am currently at 21% pioneer (going towards elite that is), I just went up by 5% from 16% by returning roughly 5 million and some credits worth of exploration data from a quick trip to the nearby space (read: within 2000 ly of Sol :p) - heck, my total profits from exploration are only roughly 58M credits at this point of time. Assuming 1% / 1 million I will reach Elite around 140M credits. Does this make sense?

I don't know. I am not even 100% sold on the idea that rank-up is completely and solely based on the credits income... or have we had official source confirm this at some point? Not that it matters. What matters is getting my name in random systems around the galaxy :p

I took at least 200-300 hours to get from pioneer to Elite, then again i'm not very efficent.

I just returned roughly 160 systems of data gathered since Saturday, I made bit over 5 million credits for that, got 5% increased rank for the cash-in, and looking at my EDDiscovery logs... total time spent is roughly 21 hours active playing time for the entire trip.

So roughly: 20 hours for 5%, am at 21%, so only need dundundun 80 % / 5% = 16 five percent sessions, times 20 hours = 320 hours. I guess I'm not very efficient either :p

Last edited:
100 hours of gameplay?! How much do you scan bro?

Some posts seem to agree that 1 million is 1% in pioneer, which is a relief.

I am now doing a adv disc scan, and only surface scanning waterworlds and some terraformables (+ any neutron stars ETC). On my last sale so over hundreds of systems I averaged 16,427 credits per system. I can do this whilst going from arriving in a system 55-65 seconds after arriving in the previous one, Now this is a grind, to do it I scoop at 850 and have over 80 tonnes of fuel tanks, I do not have to waste time scooping unless I am passing the star on the way to the next system anyway.

Last edited:
Hi, I was lucky enough to reach 0% Pioneer which is a great bench mark for the calculation, there is bound to be a small error as there is no way of knowing how much over each mark I was but it looks pretty conclusive that each % = 1 Mil or as near as makes no difference so from that I will stick my neck out and say OP you need 40 Mil to reach Elite.

View attachment 63625View attachment 63626

:eek:Quoting ones self feels slightly embarrassing:):):).

Anyhow I reached Elite yesterday, I took these 2 pics at just the right time, (before the servers final update), even allowing for the unknown overage at 0% and 100% it looks pretty clear that around 102 mil is required to complete the Pioneer level. As many others have said earnings made pre 1.2 skew the final figure but 160 mil for Elite looks like a good ball park number, we need a player who started the game post 1.2 to give us a more definitive number, but I think the most important thing now is everyone can manage their Pioneer level if they want to.

99 percent Expo.jpg100 percent Expo.jpg

Last edited:

Hammerhead, your 1% = 1 Mil (at Pioneer rank) seems to match my observations. I took a screenie at 0% Pioneer with 5081 systems visited and 55,674,908 exploration credits. Some of my exploration was done before the credit increase though, but the 1%= 1 Mil seems to hold. In addition I think you could assume that visiting 100 average systems where systems varied from just 1 solitary T-Tauri star to big systems that took an hour or more to scan would net you that same 1% = 1 Mil credits.

[Edit current rank for the sake of calculations/assumptions/wild speculation]: Pioneer: 20%, Profits from exploration: 75.432,839. :eek: Not even half there it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom