Horizons How to get back to the ship when its back at base?

Hi

How on earth (or any other planet or moon) do you actually get to your ship when you are in your SRV at a base? I tried requesting docking, but when i go to that place, it's not at all clear what you do then. I then tried locking onto my ship..which is at an entirely different place. What didn't help at all is some weird problem with my controls where the direction/speed seem to go completely wonky. (Bit frustrated in general actually...having a lot of trouble getting decent controls for my SRV, but that's another story)

I remember reading about it on the forums here somewhere, but couldn't find the post...

Thanks so much!

As I understand, you can not get back into your ship after you requesting docking and drove your SRV to the gate you been directed to?

If that's the case, when at the gate, just open the SRV panel and choose board ship like you would do when out on a planet.

Follow compass to one of those gates as the one you came out. If it's the right when it will display a message on your right eyebrow screen, saying the SRV is ready to board the ship or something similar.

After you request Docking Permission in your SRV, you will be told which gate your ship can be found at. This (oddly) is not necessarily the same gate you landed at. The compass will show you which direction to head for the gate, but it isn't entirely obvious sometimes where precisely the gate is to be found. You access the gate from ground level and drive up a short ramp to be underneath the landing area. You enter a kind of garage area, and if you have the right one, a little blue light will come on (bottom right) to tell you that you can board your ship. Look down (I use key press 3 by default) and select the "board ship" tab.

If you still cannot find your ship using this method, drive at least 2 km away from the port and then summon your ship. That should do the trick.

Top Bottom