How to get peeps out of the people mover.

I got this problem where the peeps don't get out of the people mover. I got 2 stations and they only go out of the first station. My second station's queue is full of people and the scenery is 100% so i don't get why people don't want to get off. [ugh]

Is there a solution?

Kim

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
It’s a common thing for transport rides. They don’t automatically get off at the next station or the next one after that. They may just do a round trip or if they want to get to a certain ride they will get off at the closest station.

IIs there a solution?

Not until next Tuesday when the patch comes out.

Since 1.7 or so, maybe 1.8 but I think earlier, transport rides have been completely broken. It's actually an issue with peep behavior, not the rides themselves, but the peep mis-behavior breaks all transport rides. Frontier has said they've identified the problem and have a fix in work.

This is a long story so I'll try to hit only the high points:

* Originally, transport rides were just that, a time-saver for peeps wanting to go a long distance across the park. They didn't have prestige or other ride stats. Peeps regarded them solely as a substitute for paths regardless of scenery.

* At some point earlier this year, due to much popular demand, Frontier changed this. From then on, transport rides had a dual purpose: transport AND entertainment same as any other track ride. So then transport rides got full ride stats and prestige. This had the positive effect of allowing you to build trains, monorails, and the recently added boats strictly as regular rides with only 1 station. But the rides retained their transport function so could have multiple stations. But peeps going on a transport ride for entertainment ONLY make full laps, they NEVER get off at other stations along the way. And being track rides, transport rides now benefit from STUPIDLY high excitement relative to their speed compared to coasters, AND they have very low fear, so they have STUPIDLY high prestige and their stats are in the sweet spot to be attractive to all peeps. Thus, EVERYBODY wants to ride them for entertainment.

* More recently (about 1.8 I think), Frontier made peeps consider the cost of transport rides when they decide whether to use them or just walk to the other side of the park. And Frontier gave peeps a VERY low tolerance for transport costs. Thus, NOBOBDY will use a transport ride FOR TRANSPORT unless you make it free. But this ONLY applies to the ride used as transport, NOT entertainment, so had no effect on the swarms of peeps wanting to see the sights on the ride.

So........ If you built a transport ride in the traditional manner, FOR TRANSPORT, with a station at the park entrance and other scattered about in other areas, what you get is effectively just an entertainment ride with 1 station at the park entrance. Because of the STUPIDLY high prestige of track rides in general (including transport rides), EVERYBODY wants to ride them for entertainment. Thus, peeps entering the park swarm the station at the entrance. And because they're on for a full lap, nobody gets off at any of the other stations and, because all the seats are full from the entrance station, nobody can get on at other stations, either, so just get stuck in the queues there forever. And all these stuck peeps are seeking entertainment, nobody is seeking mere transport to another station, if you set the ride's price > 0.

There have been a number of suggestions on how to fix this. The best idea is to make transport rides moded like coasters, able to be either transport or entertainment but not both at once. The other main option is to return to the status quo ante, when transport rides were ONLY transport. This is undesirable because a 1-station train for entertainment is nice to have. But no matter what Frontier does to fix this, they should still put coasters and track rides on the same excitement/speed scale, to fix the STUPIDLY high excitement (and thus prestige) that all track rides get.

Thank you! I hope they know how to fix this and if not, I don't know what to do. I can remove 1 station but that would be terrible because I worked sooo hard at that other station as well.

Top Bottom