How to upgrade a module on the default Sidey?

This will seem like a dumb question. Pretend it isn't.

I've still got the default Sidey. Haven't spent any money.

I don't want to buy a new ship, I simply want to upgrade a few modules (namely the Power Distributor and get a Fuel Scoop). It's cheaper, and it's all I really need.

I have been to several stations, including the big octagon ones. I've seen where I can buy a new ship.

But I can't seem to get to replace any modules on my ship.

I've gone into the section with my ship's modules, selected and pressed X, and it only offers Buy and Equip for the existing E module. It doesn't list other options.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

If the space port your currently at has a 'outfitting' section in the 'service options' that's what you want to choose. Once you choose 'outfitting' your ship will be taken down into the hanger bay where you can upgrade your ship.

You buy a new module to replace the current one. That is how "upgrades" work.

*edit
If there is a blue + on the module category, the station has available modules for sale.

Last edited:
You buy a new module to replace the current one. That is how "upgrades" work.

*edit
If there is a blue + on the module category, the station has available modules for sale.

I'm familiar with the Outfitting menu. Perhaps I've missed the blue +, but I found it odd that every station I've been to seems to have nothing for sale.

Go to highly populated Industrial and/or High Tech systems. More parts are available at those.

*edit

Perhaps I've missed the blue +, but I found it odd that every station I've been to seems to have nothing for sale.

See the + to the right of each module category?

Elite-Dangerous-Loadout-Eagle-02.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic Doc.

I've seen the blue + (now that we both have the pic in front of us).

I select something like my power distributor, and it only shows me 1 item, an E class. It does that for everything I check.

This is in Industrial stations since I left LHS 3447 (been heading West). It's been a few days since I been on.

It's definitely weird and seems like I must be doing something wrong.

Top Bottom