Hardware & Technical I got an MMO mouse today...

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I received delivery of my 19 button Razer Naga today. As I have mentioned before, these days I'm playing ESO as my main game, and I got the mouse for that game. (Made a huge difference BTW!)

Was just wondering if anyone is using a similar mouse to play ED? I'm installing the game again. (Internet cut out the other day and corrupted the install LOL.)

I can't help but think that for ED, I could bind all my utility to the side buttons, and that would leave my left hand to focus purely on flight?

What are your thoughts guys?

I used to have a generic mouse with a bunch of buttons on the side.
Didn't like it. Too fiddly and I kept accidentally pressing buttons while moving the mouse.

I find the simplest/cheapest solution to the need for buttons is to velcro a USB number-pad to the base of my HOTAS throttle.

Not going to help if you're playing with a KBM, of course, but I wouldn't use KBM for any flight sim.

The only thing I use my mouse for is clicking the Elite icon on my desktop. For everything else I have HOTAS and a G13 pad.

The only thing I use my mouse for is clicking the Elite icon on my desktop. For everything else I have HOTAS and a G13 pad.

Gods above: A G13? I fretted on buying a Razer Tartarus V2.

OH. Grats on the mouse. :)
I tried one, kept mashing 3 or 4 buttons at the same time.

Last edited:
Yes makes a huge difference. Once you get used to it, you gain confidence enough to tank and heal with those.

I have the fss mapped to the keypad pretty much.

Deleted member 110222

D
Gods above: A G13? I fretted on buying a Razer Tartarus V2.

OH. Grats on the mouse. :)
I tried one, kept mashing 3 or 4 buttons at the same time.
I can see where you're coming from. But after a few hours I was hitting most of the keys I needed during some top-tier content in ESO. Since made a few adjustments to better accommodate my casting style. (Placing non-combat keys on the front, further away from my thumb's natural resting spot)

Deleted member 110222

D
I will never buy another razer product for as long as I live. Hope they burn.
Serves me well. Not just this mouse, but their products as a whole. I mean that's only personal experience but I've got no reason to dislike them myself.

More like: hundreds of dollars wasted on really well designed products with the cheapest wiring and manufacturing. On my 3rd headset and 2nd keyboard. The mouse ironically is the only product I have yet to have issues with. Also the razer software is the buggiest POS I have had the displeasure of installing.

The bully hunters is just the icing on the cake.

I got this mouse, didn’t like it, when you play FPS games all those buttons are just in the way, however the razer products are good in my opinion and I own KB, MS, from their product lines, indestructible actually.

More like: hundreds of dollars wasted on really well designed products with the cheapest wiring and manufacturing. On my 3rd headset and 2nd keyboard. The mouse ironically is the only product I have yet to have issues with. Also the razer software is the buggiest POS I have had the displeasure of installing.

The bully hunters is just the icing on the cake.
I don't know if it's still the case as I haven't owned a Razer product for a couple of years, but the biggest issue I had with the software was that you needed an account which I find ridiculous.
But if you think it is the buggiest and least pleasurable software to use, you clearly haven't used Logitech. :LOL:
...or Corsair.

I don't know if it's still the case as I haven't owned a Razer product for a couple of years, but the biggest issue I had with the software was that you needed an account which I find ridiculous.
But if you think it is the buggiest and least pleasurable software to use, you clearly haven't used Logitech. :LOL:
...or Corsair.
I know better than to use logitech/corsair :p

Top Bottom