Powerplay I have some questions...

I m not exactly beginner, I have +300 hours (1 Week 3 Day play time to be precise), so far most profitable job for me to go bounty hunting on Haz and high RES. my combat rank is master and favorite ship is vulture. Tried Powerplay when it first came out but never really made real progress.

Lets come to more recent stuff. I started my 3rd exploration tour, first 2 was for experience to get grip of how it works, made about 3.6 M credits total. But right now I m headed for galactic core on an ASP.
Goal 1: Reach galactic core.
Goal 2: Gather Exploration data that return at least 200M so I reach Elite.

That is where power play questions come out thanks to level 5 rating with your friendly neighbor Li Yong-Rui which gives +200% on exploration data reward on controlled systems.

Q1: Just to be clear +200% means 3 times more right not 200% of reward which would mean 2 times, key word being 200% INCREASE.
Q2: I will need gather 10.000 merit with the best way I know how, combat, 30 merit per killing an enemy faction ships(I m planning on hitting Edmund's Alliance diplomatic ships and Alliance Bureaucrats) so that means at least 334 interdictions. Question is what ships Alliance Diplomatic Ships and Alliance Bureaucrats are ? and do they travel in wings or solo?
Q3: Should I go for solo or go in a group play with someone ?
Q4: What are the difficulties involving being hostile on a enemy faction system? So far I have rarely become hostile on systems and bug out as soon as I become hostile.
Q5: Should I farm only neutron on galactic core or scan valuable planets ? according to this chart: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...Dubardo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160115141708
Q6: Does combat logging still exist to get out of thigh situation on Solo ? This is a last resort option for me, With All A rating Vulture I was able to take on high combat ranking Anaconda NPCs on 1vs1.

To anyone answering my questions in a serious way, Thank you for your time. :)

Q1: 3 times yes 200% bonus/increase
Q2: Sure, it depends on your allegance but if you kill imperial ships, we will find you ;) otherwise, thats a decent way enough without a T9, conda or cutter to run fortification supplies with
Q3: Private Group with friends is best for undermining
Q4: Wanted and Hostile are different,being hostile indicates that other powerplay faction npcs and players can kill you without penalty.
Q5: Neutrons are plentiful in the right places and the goto for farming exploration
Q6: No Comment

The 9th Legion, our team, operates a strong building culture and we welcome approach by relatively new players.

Any other questions drop me a line on Inara: http://inara.cz/cmdr/14562

Q1: 3 times yes 200% bonus/increase
Q2: Sure, it depends on your allegance but if you kill imperial ships, we will find you ;) otherwise, thats a decent way enough without a T9, conda or cutter to run fortification supplies with
Q3: Private Group with friends is best for undermining
Q4: Wanted and Hostile are different,being hostile indicates that other powerplay faction npcs and players can kill you without penalty.
Q5: Neutrons are plentiful in the right places and the goto for farming exploration
Q6: No Comment

The 9th Legion, our team, operates a strong building culture and we welcome approach by relatively new players.

Any other questions drop me a line on Inara: http://inara.cz/cmdr/14562

hey thanks for the answers, that was quick. Reason I m planning on hitting Alliance is because after I get my rating 5 with Li-Yung get my exploration reward I will defect to Aisling Duval for Prismatic Shields(totally not because of her looks)(and there is no way I m hitting Federation[Federation Corvette is my end game]). After reaching elite rank on exploration, I should be able get any ship/outfitting combination I can have in the founder's world. (damn I wish was a backer).

I guess I am a sympathetic to Empire, Federation until Death CMDR. Fly safe.

I guess I am a sympathetic to Empire, Federation until Death CMDR.

Now that's rare.

As a followup to Q2: While undermining, killing ships aligned to any Power (any/all will appear in any Power's control system) that is not of the same major faction as you (e.g. Fed/Empire) will grant merits. If you try to stick to just Alliance ships it will be a good deal slower. Note that this includes any Powerplay ships that interdict you.

Edit: Go after wings wherever possible, as it is more efficient. If the wing is a freighter and some sidewinders, kill the sidewinders first. The sidewinders will bug out if you kill the freighter first, possibly denying you a few merits.

Last edited:
Now that's rare.

As a followup to Q2: While undermining, killing ships aligned to any Power (any/all will appear in any Power's control system) that is not of the same major faction as you (e.g. Fed/Empire) will grant merits. If you try to stick to just Alliance ships it will be a good deal slower. Note that this includes any Powerplay ships that interdict you.

Edit: Go after wings wherever possible, as it is more efficient. If the wing is a freighter and some sidewinders, kill the sidewinders first. The sidewinders will bug out if you kill the freighter first, possibly denying you a few merits.

Rare as a Space Barnacle my friend,
I m not to bluntly hate someone but then again I m going to have to quote President Hudson here; "We may not fire the first shot, but we will fire the last"
plus something tells me killing other (powerful) humans would be the last thing you want in the near future no matter their faction.

Anyway thanks for the additional tips, those kind of tip are the ones that I was actually looking for. :)

Top Bottom