I really hope people don't..........

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
To all those who are having a moan. Wait until final release if you are not happy about the early access. No one is forcing you to buy it. It has been explained on these forums, what the early access is about, what to expect and that it will be ongoing and updated, up to full game by the end of the year.

[up] I do not know what it is with all the kids today [shocked],They have no patience to wait just a moment on something it is now now now![weird]

This doesn't make me want to participate.

That's exactly the point. They want people who are going to take this seriously and who will understand what the Early Access is for, not some whiners who will bash the game because of its incomplete state. By pricing it the way the did, it will generally bring a higher level of maturity and understanding from the participants.

Why are we talking about early access? Frontier seid First access to Planetcoaster. Yes we will be testers but testers of a release canidate not testers for a game still in alpha development. Or are you all exepting a game like rctw was on the first beta weekend with only a few coasters and nothing more to do in the actual game?

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed. Think about it: if the game is nearly finished at this point, why wouldn't they just release it now instead of at the end of the year? I think you need to read more forum posts instead of building up your expectations from incomplete information.

[up] I do not know what it is with all the kids today [shocked],They have no patience to wait just a moment on something it is now now now![weird]
Tell me about it! [yesnod] They don't know they are born. I don't know how they would have coped, when I was their age, all you had was Monopoly, Cluedo and Dominoes. But we did have patience that's for sure.

One of the advantages of this process is that you can let other people take a financial risk be the guinea pigs for you. You can sit back without having to spend a penny while the Early Birds put the game through it's paces. There's no non-disclosure agreement so there'll be plenty of videos and pictures out there as well as an abundance of thoughts and feedback on these forums. That'll help you make up your mind.
As I've already said, we're not dealing with Atari here. When early access starts, we're not within 2 months of the advertised full launch and I think Frontier has already given us a fairly good idea of what we're gonna end up with.
And as for anyone who's wanting at least 75% of the game in March, why? As we're looking at another 6 months at least until launch, I'd want that time being spent getting loads more content into the game.
And anyone who wants the full game as early access....Ridiculous. If it was the full game, it would be finished so they'd just release it surely.

So let's just see this for what it is. I'm sure we're just going to be getting a fun, high quality Lego box to play with. There may not be many bricks to play with at first, but eventually, the box will be overflowing.

Lol... who are you calling a Kid? Well i will overlook some of the Comments wich suggest i don't take this "seriously" or something silly like that. To clarify: i have no Problem with Early Access or Variations of the Idea. Quite the Opposit. But the high Pricepoint rubs me the Wrong way. I am aware that a Game in Early Access is not even close to being finished and has to be treated that way. But i cannot shake the feeling that i'm being taken advantage of. For a lack of a better term. They want more Money now, than when the Game is finished?

Oh and by the way, i like Frontier too, but i don't feel the need to defend their Business practices like some people here seem to.

Well I see your point Crowdpleaser about the price rubbing you the Wrong way, but that is the way it is I'm afraid and it has not put that many people off. The reason it is higher priced that the finished game, is the opportunity to play the game as it is still ongoing. Frontier are just giving you this option, they are not forcing anyone to buy it at this price, it's entirely up to the individual. If you think it's too expensive, then just don't buy the early release.

Last edited:
Hey, Crowdplleaser, I completely get what you're saying about the price for Early Bird. It's definitely high for an early access game. Over here in the U.K. it's £49.99. That's the same price as RCTW deluxe. But look at the difference in quality. And we get to play all the way up to release rather than being limited to 1 weekend (will the second RCTW Beta weekend ever happen?). I wouldn't be surprised if the price for Planet Coaster is raised to this at release anyway. Look at many AA titles releasd. They about this price anyway. I think the £19.99 price is just a bonus for people who pre-order.
And with Early Bird, you're getting probably 100s of hours of enjoyment out of it before it's released so I personally can see the value there.

Think the £49.99 looks more given how cheap pre-ordering the base game is, look at as £50 for the full game plus the early access and the price isn't too bad at all.

Lol... who are you calling a Kid? Well i will overlook some of the Comments wich suggest i don't take this "seriously" or something silly like that. To clarify: i have no Problem with Early Access or Variations of the Idea. Quite the Opposit. But the high Pricepoint rubs me the Wrong way. I am aware that a Game in Early Access is not even close to being finished and has to be treated that way. But i cannot shake the feeling that i'm being taken advantage of. For a lack of a better term. They want more Money now, than when the Game is finished?

Oh and by the way, i like Frontier too, but i don't feel the need to defend their Business practices like some people here seem to.

I think (leaving all Brand Names/Publishers nameless) that on the outer the Earlybird may well seem expensive. When compared with for example many games on Steam that are Early Access, significantly so. However I think (again as mentioned before) two important points differentiate it from most others (PC that is):

1. The level and quality of development to this point in time far exceeds (seemingly) almost every other game I have ever seen have early access, and
  2. The price point doesn't particularly advise that effectively the alpha testing for Earlybird is within the vicinity of 6 months solid play/test time until final game release.

So personally, I am very comfortable shelling out for PC (mind you with bloody currency conversion us Aussies are paying a lot more (on a ratio perspective) for the game and add-ons than many others) . Also after the RCTW Beta weekend (which I am a strong supporter of the game then and now) I decided to have my pre-order of RCTW refunded as I was not quite so confident of the short term future and development of RCTW.

Just my two cents on the discussion...

I too, participate in the beta rctw weekend. I also decide to get my money back, because the game was... Very very Bad. Hope that frontier will not make the same mistake

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom