[IC] Cmdr Log @Gagnan Terminal - Outskirts of the Il Aquarii Conflict Zones

The yield curve on the slave trade has flattened out, to the point where at 11k a head it was no longer enough to offset the ~4k fuel cost to pull them in from a good 75LY away.

Summoned to the Beta Hydri system by Federation command, what choice did I have but to go. They expect Warrant Officers to snap to, and I am not about to trade up free reign of the Federal systems if it means putting in a little work from time to time. This is the first conflict zone in the local, astrological neighborhood as Hydri. It seems standard enough, get the goods to the stations, take out a few rovers on the way to and from. Simple enough.

The Corporate aligned faction is well ahead, up over 60%. As it should be. Democracies are such a fragile and inefficient institution.

25/06/4255 - Gagnan Terminal - CMDR Hek

The democrats are situated closest to the jump in point, on a rickety Class E status civilian platform. Good luck to those slots. Looks like they could really use some performance enhancers. No surprise. They need all the edge that they can get. I wonder who is funding them to the tune of 7k a pop on those.

Patsayev seems much more orderly. A legitimately illegitimate side market to unload the holds of the random space detritus that acquire, and a decent Outfitting section if you pilots have half of seven figures floating around in your GalNet accounts.

I anticipate an engagement on the way into Kinsey Enterprise at nearly 14K Ls out.

I cannot help but ponder the potential of a couple employment consulting contracts in this market. An uptick in labor at a key time could quickly close the book on this little strife.

25/06/4255 @ 12:06:48- Patsayev Station - CMDR Hek

I lost my first ship in the Il Aquarii system last night. 60k worth of insurance reimbursements left me with a little over 2k to work with.

Roughly 30 minutes later, I cleared my first low intensity conflict zone in the neighboring Ross 780 sector. Went through the Eagles first, then played dodged with the Pythons until our Cobras managed their Vipers. How many freaking passes do those damn ships take? I feel like I raked the stern of that vessel at least half a dozen times when I wasn't busy chasing Eagles off of our own Pythons.

15,000 in system bounty credits later, some semblance of order has been reestablished. It is a good thing the Federation pays so well for keeping their sectors in order. As rewarding as the conflict zones are, I'd rather be moving metals and personnel. I am looking forward to getting my seed money back together after that earlier unfortunate incident.

Top Bottom