[Idea] Improve CC of system through local CG: System Development

This started in another thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=229230) where the author was saying why would we ever want a system that is negative CC?

And I think the answer is that there must be a mechanic to improve the CC value, a local CG

So maybe a power could nominate systems to be "Developed", and then do something to trigger the development.
It might be as simple as in any cycle, any system that is fortified but not undermined systems could be nominated. Then people vote, just like an expansion.

Or it might be a second tier fortification that triggers "Development" nomination

Each week the successfully nominated systems have a 1 cycle CG spawned. These might be:

1. Bring a commodity to the system, for a good profit.
  2. Combat zones to fight rebels/pirates/etc
  3. Undermining type event to kill pirates/rebels
  4. Raise a local loyal faction through missions... maybe ones that are Med and High rep for Naval/Imperial ranks
  5. Materials to add or upgrade a local station <- possibly a multiple cycle job, with success or failure determining the final results and the next CG tier goals.

The payout would be a + to the system, tied to the current CC value to set the goals, going to +3 max.

For systems that are very underdeveloped the tiers might be fairly low, going up higher and higher as the CC value goes up.

On the flip side, this might be workable as a way to degrade a system is owned by another power, triggering a two sided CG that would either add +1, break even, or remove -1 CC depending on outcome.

Hey there. I posted this in the Other Power Play thread, but thought this would interest you too. It's what Michael Brookes said about Power Play at the end of last year. It does give cause for hope!

Powerplay was another highlight release for me, although it does seem to be a bit of a marmite feature! For me it works on two levels. There’s the more obvious level of working for and against the powers, but there’s also the second benefit of the dynamism it brings to the galaxy on a grander scale. There are benefits to being in certain regions as well as downsides.

It’s also a high level framework that we can develop further and here there are two approaches that I see as strengthening Powerplay. The first is on a personal level to make interacting with the powers more interesting and more diverse, adding powerplay mission is an example of this. The other is building more of a connection with the galaxy simulation both in being able to resist powers and developing minor factions into powers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom