Ideas / suggestions for activities in the PlayStation (Legacy) galaxy?

After about a 10 months break, I've been back playing Elite every night on PS4 for the last month and really enjoying it "for what it is"! πŸ˜―πŸ˜€ .

(While of course missing what we used to have, CGs, an ongoing story and hope of new content!)...

I've mostly been focused on fully engineering my already quite well engineered Anaconda...

I play in Mobius2 on PS4 and beyond gathering materials and visiting the various engineers recently, I've spent a lot of time at compromised nav beacons lately, having my ship tough enough now that I can basically hunt pirates until I get bored now, earning 30-40 million in bounties in an hour or two! πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .

Recently I've been "farming" the pirates in Madri and Ahti and I'll be in the latter system tonight if anyone wants to wing up to spank some pirates and gather some nice engineering materials at the same time! πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .

After about a 10 months break, I've been back playing Elite every night on PS4 for the last month and really enjoying it "for what it is"! πŸ˜―πŸ˜€ .

(While of course missing what we used to have, CGs, an ongoing story and hope of new content!)...

I've mostly been focused on fully engineering my already quite well engineered Anaconda...

I play in Mobius2 on PS4 and beyond gathering materials and visiting the various engineers recently, I've spent a lot of time at compromised nav beacons lately, having my ship tough enough now that I can basically hunt pirates until I get bored now, earning 30-40 million in bounties in an hour or two! πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .

Recently I've been "farming" the pirates in Madri and Ahti and I'll be in the latter system tonight if anyone wants to wing up to spank some pirates and gather some nice engineering materials at the same time! πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .
I'm in a similar position actually - I got the Platinum for Cyberpunk a couple of weeks ago and since haven't felt like playing any new game so have returned to my comfort food of Elite, playing pretty much every night again.

Like you say it's still a good game even if the galaxy is now never going to change... I probably miss the CGs the most to be honest (no one is counting those Thargoid combat ones we have right now) - I got some great equipment out of CGs, those double engineered modules were brilliant!

Decided to head out to Colonia again - been there twice previously and last time left a bunch of ships there by accident so taking my fleet carrier with me to pick them up. I'm visiting every station on the Colonia Connection Highway on the way because why not?! https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Colonia_Connection_Highway

Once I get there I'll spend some time in conflict zones grinding combat because the only significant thing I still need to do in the game is to get combat Elite (for the triple). Gonna take a while though!!

I'm in a similar position actually - I got the Platinum for Cyberpunk a couple of weeks ago and since haven't felt like playing any new game so have returned to my comfort food of Elite, playing pretty much every night again.

Like you say it's still a good game even if the galaxy is now never going to change... I probably miss the CGs the most to be honest (no one is counting those Thargoid combat ones we have right now) - I got some great equipment out of CGs, those double engineered modules were brilliant!

Decided to head out to Colonia again - been there twice previously and last time left a bunch of ships there by accident so taking my fleet carrier with me to pick them up. I'm visiting every station on the Colonia Connection Highway on the way because why not?! https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Colonia_Connection_Highway

Once I get there I'll spend some time in conflict zones grinding combat because the only significant thing I still need to do in the game is to get combat Elite (for the triple). Gonna take a while though!!
On travelling to Colonia, indeed after I fully engineer my Anaconda and lightly engineer my Corvette, Python and Krait, a trip there is my next "big" project...

I've only gone on one "long" range exploration journey, about 8,000 light years out to look at pretty nebula when I unlocked Professor Palin and Chloe Sedesi, a year or so ago, so I really need to go there and then maybe further afield...
(Currently about 90% through the Ranger exploration rank, while trade rank Elite, as with most people who did a good trade CG or ten are πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .)

On combat, indeed as you'll know, it's painfully slow to rank it up!

I'm currently 29% through Dangerous, with it taking around two hours at a compromised nav beacon or maybe an hour in a Combat Zone (while also farming for engineering materials), for me to earn two or three percent! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚πŸ©² ...

Of course I would rank up faster if I didn't like to bring a ship launched fighter pilot along for company and commentary!

Indeed it's doubly annoying that the things we naturally do to make combat more fun and sociable in this game slow down how quickly we rank up in combat, sharing our experience with an fighter crew, wingmates or multicrew we happen to have along with us!

I wouldn't even mind THAT MUCH, if our fighter crew stopped taking HALF our combat experience once they max out their Elite rank, as my fighter pilot has, but they don't! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚ .

All in, right now, I'm setting various personal goals as many of us left in "legacy" still have to do for Elite fun! 😯

Now, back into the black I go! πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .

I've got my Anaconda jumping 80lyrs and my Phantom 72 so long range exploration is pretty fun - put a nice big fuel scoop in your ship and you're laughing!

I highly recommend visiting Colonia - the sky as you move towards the centre of the galaxy gradually fills up with stars and is incredible! There are four engineers in Colonia so it's 100% worth at least a visit once to go and unlock them and pin some blueprints.

I'm obviously not going to be around for wing missions etc in the Bubble for a while but feel free to add me on PSN if you want - karamu76.

If you do head out to Colonia there is a pretty good network of stations on the way there now - the most you need to travel between them is like 500lyrs so plenty of safe havens!

Last edited:
Top Bottom