If you were in charge...

If you were in charge of JWE, what would your next content drop (DLC + patch 1.13 content) be?

Here's what I would do. It'd be a mix of new content, adding longevity, adressing criticism of the game in general and RtJP specifically as well as adding long requested features by fans such as both new and canon dinosaurs, popular mechanics from other games. The biggest deviation from previous patches is no more new story content, we have enough and plenty of budget has been wasted on celebrity voices.

Jurassic World Entertainment Collection - 15€:
  • Three new islands for Sandbox and Challenge play. One large, relatively flat shape (including shale & sand) and two challenging layouts.
  • New decorations, including more rocks and trees, signs, shrub brushes, statues and a fountain.
  • Invisble Fences for JW era. Keep your dinosaurs happy, because angry dinosaurs just walk out. When the power goes out, EVERY dinosaur will just walk out.
  • Jurassic River Cruise for JW and JP era.
  • Geodesic Dome Aviary for JW era.
  • JW era Pteranodon skin (requires RtJP installed).
  • 5 new dinosaurs. Therizinosaurus, Oviraptor, Amargasaurus, Microceratus, Dimorphodon.
  • Automation Upgrade for Hatcheries. Can set interval times for the incubation of a preset dinosaur as long as you can afford it and the hatchery is powered.
  • Powerful Stomach Gene. Herbivores gain food from grazing. Carnivores gain more food from eating.

Patch 1.13:
  • Added Mixed Era for sandbox mode.
  • Added Jurassic Park Explorer tour and JP sign decorations to JW era with special JW skin (requires RtJP installed).
  • Added Viewing Platform, Viewing Tower to JP era with a special JP skin (requires RtJP installed).
  • Added Greenhouse to JP era with a special JP skin (requires RtJP and Claire's Sanctuary installed).
  • New Game+ mode. Replay the Jurassic World Evolution campaign with extra challenge, rebalanced missions and weather frequency, semi- randomized dinosaur unlocks and Hammond Foundation fee.
  • Added heatwaves. Heatwaves create temporary sections of heat (represented by Nublar North mist effect) that cause dinosaur comfort and water to go down.
  • Dilophosaurus now has venomous attacks & overhauled animation.
  • Some dinosaurs are now capable of randomly escaping when being hunted.
  • Sauropods can graze in tree brush sections.
  • Ankylodocus, Diplodocus & Apatosaurus can now fight Large Carnivores. Ankylodocus can now fight Indominus Rex. (Requires SoDW installed).
  • Small Carnivores can now climb non-electrified fences. They can no longer break concrete fences.
  • Ornithomimids can no longer break concrete fences.
  • Animals with low comfort levels are more likely to get diseases.

Here’s what I would do.

• Add mixed eras
• Add Deinocheirus, Udanoceratops, Saurolophus, Bajadasaurus, and Protoceratops.
• Add a Site B mode that allows herbivores to eat without feeders
• Add raised pathways
• Add tunnels

What would I do? Lots of things...

Make the guests a meaningful addition to the game; no more using attractions and their relation to service to determine star rating, it must be the guests and how well they are served by attractions and services that decide the quality of our parks!
Create a wide diversity of guest types, each with unique appearances, thoughts, interests, wants, and means of satisfying those wants more effectively.
Attractions (Gyrosphere, Jurassic Tour, etc.) now provide Fun as oppose to demanding fun be provided to them.
Guests use umbrellas when it rains...
Add a Security service to keep unruly guests in line and help in emergencies.

Enable JP elements from RtJP be usable alongside JW elements (and vice-versa)... at least in Sandbox mode.
Add decorative fences... also, make electrified fences a hazard to guests, thus forcing players to build safety fences.
Add moats.
Add raised paths.
Add new decorative objects; statues, water fountains, street lights etc.
Add new guest objects; trash cans, benches, ATMs, etc.
Add a Groundskeeper service to replace the decorative and guest objects when they get destroyed by dinosaur rampages, vandalism, dangerous weather or bad drivers...
Remove the lights and trashcans from current path types and add a whole bunch more path types.

Have all buildings "snap" to paths and allow the snapping to be deactivated with the push of a button.
Fix placement detection so we put objects where we want them; no more "can't place object" because some invisible force is in the way.
Make the size of the placement brush adjustable, as oppose to three static sizes.
Separate Trees from Low Shrubs, allowing us to place and delete both groups of foliage independently.
Separate each type of tree into a unique, selectable type (palm tree, mangrove tree, redwood tree, etc.) as oppose to the current mixed forest option, and have scenery trees merged into new types of trees.
Allow trees to be placed individually (reduce brush to minimum size).
Have rocks moved out of scenery and into environment options with water, foliage, etc.

Fix the Theropod Animations; horizontal spine, stiff tail, "running" that looks like a swift walking.
Fix the Hadrosaur Animations; proper quadruped walking for all hadrosaurs, proper biped running for all hadrosaurs (horizontal spine, stiff tail, arms held to sides).
Fix running animations in general; no more sudden cartoonish stopping... dinosaurs properly slow down before coming to a complete stop.
Running in general would be greatly reduced and largely limited to chasing prey, fleeing predators, or playing.
Enable dinosaurs to turn while running; no more stopping, turning, then running again.
Fighting between dinosaurs would begin with threat displays; the animals involved trying to scare each other first rather than going straight to violence. Smaller and less armored animals are more likely to flee sooner than larger or armored animals.
When an animal chooses to flee combat it first backs away from its opponent, signalling defeat, as oppose to simply turning away and running off.
Allow Hadrosaurs to feed from tall plant feeders.
Fix Mamenchisaurus and Dreadnaughtus necks, making them more angular than straight up...
Additional passive animations; scratching, sneezing, laying with head up, etc.
Increase the Gene Mod slots in all animals until they all share an equal number of mods... make it a Research Item if you have to.
Expand and improve upon the Dinosaur Type Chart, more-or-less as follows (I hope it makes enough sense):

Guide:
TH = Tiny Herbivore
SH = Small Herbivore
MH = Medium Herbivore
LH = Large Herbivore
GH = Giant Herbivore
SA = Small Armored Herbivore
LA = Large Armored Herbivore
TC = Tiny Carnivore
SC = Small Carnivore
MC = Medium Carnivore
LC = Large Carnivore
SP = Small Piscivore
MP = Medium Piscivore
LP = Large Piscivore

Tiny Herbivore - None (Microceratus, for example)
They Will Attack - TH/SH/MH/LH/GH/SA/LA/TC/SC/MC/LC/SP/MP/LP
They Will Ignore - TH/SH/MH/LH/GH/SA/LA/TC/SC/MC/LC/SP/MP/LP
Will Attack Them - TH/SH/MH/LH/GH/SA/LA/TC/SC/MC/LC/SP/MP/LP

Small Herbivore - Archaeornithomimus, Dracorex, Dryosaurus, Gallimimus, Homalocephale, Pachycephalosaurus, Struthiomimus, Stygimoloch

Medium Herbivore - Corythosaurus, Iguanodon, Maiasaura, Muttaburrasaurus, Olorotitan, Ouranosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Tsintaosaurus

Large Herbivore - Edmontosaurus, Nigersaurus

Giant Herbivore - Ankylodocus, Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, Dreadnaughtus, Mamenchisaurus

Small Armored Herbivore - Chasmosaurus, Chunkingosaurus, Crichtonsaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Huayangosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Polacanthus, Nasutoceratops, Nodosaurus, Sauropelta, Sinoceratops, Styracosaurus

That's a lot of Small Armored Herbivores... might want to consider a Medium Armored Herbivore too... although I can't imagine how it would differ from Small and Large ones...

Large Armored Herbivore - Ankylosaurus, Euoplocephalus, Pentaceratops, Stegoceratops, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Torosaurus

Tiny Carnivore - Compsognathus

Small Carnivore - Deinonychus, Dilophosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Proceratosaurus, Troodon, Velociraptor

Medium Carnivore - Albertosaurus, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, Indoraptor, Majungasaurus, Metriacanthosaurus
They Will Ignore - LC/TH/SH/MH/LH/GH/SA/LA/TC/SC/MC/SP/MP/LP

Large Carnivores - Acrocanthosaurus, Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus

Hmm... maybe make a Giant Carnivore category? For the Indominus... similar to the Large Carnivores, but ignores Small Carnivores and attacks Giant Herbivores.

Small Piscivore - None (Masiakasaurus, for example)

Medium Piscivore - Baryonyx, Suchomimus, Spinoraptor

Large Piscivore - Spinosaurus

I'd probably change a lot more if I could... but this is all I can think of right now...

Last edited:
I'd make a Lost World '97 pack adding things like the high hide as an observation tower for the JP era and the camo mercedes cars in a new observer tour for JP era. I'd also make sand and shale available on every island in every game mode. I would either add more music from the actual films or open up the music tracks of the game to allow players to mod the game's music list themselves. Implement a mosasaurus exhibit in the same fashion of the aviary. I'd add a wide version of the JW era cheap path as well as wide versions of all 3 JP era paths. I would add more skins for the ACU helicopter, even if it's just simple recolors, but at least one camo skin like the ranger helicopter from Operation Genesis. Update ranger AI making them waste less time in between tasks, possibly shooting tasked flares on the move while heading towards their next non flare task. Maybe add a new upgrade slot for the ranger station where you can choose between either a speed or durability upgrade for the jeeps. Oh and at a certain point after you return to Isla Nublar in the RtJP campaign, I'd enable the island navigation like in the base campaign so you can go back and forth between nublar and sorna. The campaign is great but way too short. Having two islands to manage in the end instead of being stuck with just the one would help make it more fun. This is all just off the top of my head.

I agree with everything in OP's post, also I would add more guest buildings to JW/JP such as a spa, rest area, ice cream shop, movie theater, hotel 2.0, and etc.

If I were in charge I'd be losing them money, mainly because I'm not qualified to be in charge and lack of confidence in my leadership would cause Frontier stock to drop.

Top Bottom