I’m back and happy! Honest!!!

Injury then surgery to the base of my spine had prevented me playing for about 6months or so, but I’m happy to be able to sit in my gaming chair now for a couple of hours and fly my ships. (My Pilot’s Chair has a soft cushion as standard)

I’m relearning my muscle memory for my Virpil Hotas Setup and my PC is still new enough to handle anything pushed at it….I’m a happy Pilot.

I’m a Steam user and must say that I think I made the wrong choice buying from them instead of directly form the Frontier Store, have you ever tried to contact someone at Steam?

I forked out for a Valve Headset to replace my elderly Oculus Rift, yep….I’m happy with what ive got for now.

Youre waiting for the BUT … well here it comes. I occasionally like to foray in 3D, Horizons does that perfectly adequately for me as all I’m wanting to do presently is ship bound. And yes, I’ve purchased Odyssey just never loaded it. Elite Dangerous Launcher from Steam permits me to choose which Flat Screen Version to fire up…Odyssey or Horizons but on starting VR it defaults to Odyssey - the newer engine - without offering an option. Should this be a Steam Issue or a Frontier Issue? Well, my thinking is that its totally a Steam Issue because ive had to work out a fudge to enable the choice for the correct version for me whilst I dont believe Frontier have that problem - because I’ve never seen any discussion on such.
So I’ll continue to attempt to contact Steam for them to address the oops for now.

In any event, I’m happy to remain in my ship. As long as I dont need to do any leg work at all if and when I’m forced into Odyssey Client/Engine (No Horizons Option) then I’ll judge everything on my 3D Flying Performance.

If the current buttery smooth performance Flying 3D in Horizons can be translated into Odyssey, then I’m hooked! I doubt id ever do anything on foot, ever, but I would fly my ships on missions I want to do and happily pay any eventual upgrade DLC Fee to permit me to do so.

If I, and others like me, who are quite happy to play a sub-set (no on foot) Compared to the rest of you, why should it be a big deal? We’ve all paid our money why cant we enjoy the game our way? If in order for you all to get what you want, and if I can happily play the game I want, then I’m on your side to argue for the best for all of us.

Anyways, hello again Commanders and subsequent rant over….

Top Bottom