I'm glad "The Quick Road to Elite" Carrier exploit has been plugged

I have a second Commander that I hardly ever use. One of the reasons why is that he's very poor and it was such a ball-ache building up my monies for my primary Commander that, on top of unlocking engineers, gathering materials, gaining Federation and Imperial ranks and everything else that goes up to make "the grind" in Elite Dangerous, do I REALLY want to add something else to it? Thus my second Commander has gone unused for years now.

All that (hopefully) changed tonight when I used the sell it for 5% / buy it for 1000% trick / exploit / feature (delete as applicable) to transfer about 2 billion credits from my main account to my alt account.

I had heard though that this also acts as a quick route to your first Elite rank (in trading) and I have to say that I was pleased to discover tonight this exploit had been plugged by Frontier. Some things are still worth grinding for :D

Combat Elite on the other hand...

cutting-metal-grinding-machine-spark_88340-1609.jpg

You can still move your FC to a best sell, and give them 2-4 holds full of LTD/VO/Painite that they take a few 30 second super cruise trips to/from the fc/station and still get Elite.
I am rather indifferent to them patching this since it really does not accomplish much.

BTW, I am still sitting on over 3K tons of VO, and still have about 6K tons of LTD from the great market crash. Luckily, all self mined and not purchased. I like mining, don't care for finding best sell in the current market. So FC stays rather full.

I have a second Commander that I hardly ever use. One of the reasons why is that he's very poor and it was such a ball-ache building up my monies for my primary Commander that, on top of unlocking engineers, gathering materials, gaining Federation and Imperial ranks and everything else that goes up to make "the grind" in Elite Dangerous, do I REALLY want to add something else to it? Thus my second Commander has gone unused for years now.

All that (hopefully) changed tonight when I used the sell it for 5% / buy it for 1000% trick / exploit / feature (delete as applicable) to transfer about 2 billion credits from my main account to my alt account.

I had heard though that this also acts as a quick route to your first Elite rank (in trading) and I have to say that I was pleased to discover tonight this exploit had been plugged by Frontier. Some things are still worth grinding for :D
I've been playing since December 2014, and I've not felt the need to grind ranks. I only made Fed Admiral yesterday, for instance.

Mining and Fleet Carriers have distorted the game. If we had to earn the carriers through gameplay other than credits, it would feel a lot worthier.

I used wing trade/mining missions to boost my 2nd and 3rd accounts. Without alt accounts, I can earn 300-400M/hr. With two alt accounts in the wing, those missions earn me 3X (900M to 1.2B)/hr. Those alt accounts pay for my tritium and carrier fees among other things.

Last edited:
Don't want to be responsible for a second CMDR, mine is in semi-retirement after making his pile, he doesn't grind or engineer any longer.

As mainly a bounty hunter, he only takes targets of opportunity when in the mood.

eh? what was changed/plugged tonight?
the process of buying cheap and selling expensive from/to a carrier no longer counts towards the trading rank?

That's right, my alt Cmdr was 47% Entrepreneur before and was still 47% Entrepreneur after selling me almost 2bn credits of my own Tritium.
Interesting! Does it also no longer count towards squadron trade rank, then? (I wouldn't expect it to if they've fixed the personal rank side of it)

That's right, my alt Cmdr was 47% Entrepreneur before and was still 47% Entrepreneur after selling me almost 2bn credits of my own Tritium.

well, that's good news... i guess...
i never payed much attention to ranks and i never actively pursued them. They simply happened on both my accounts.
The only exception being the combat rank to unlock engineers (Expert for Petra Olmanova, once)

You can still move your FC to a best sell, and give them 2-4 holds full of LTD/VO/Painite that they take a few 30 second super cruise trips to/from the fc/station and still get Elite.
I am rather indifferent to them patching this since it really does not accomplish much.

BTW, I am still sitting on over 3K tons of VO, and still have about 6K tons of LTD from the great market crash. Luckily, all self mined and not purchased. I like mining, don't care for finding best sell in the current market. So FC stays rather full.
I had 2k of LTDs after the crash. Selling them was a right royal pain as high-price markets usually were flooded before I got to them. I just set a sell price of 75% of max market price and went to bed. Got up in the morning and the whole 2k had been bought. ;)

Top Bottom