Im So HYPED & Yet concerned

The streams and dev diary's have me totally pumped for the Alpha next week, I have always had a huge amount of respect for Frontier and been excited since the days of "Coaster Park Tycoon"

But I am worried that after the comment in the live stream about the alpha being about "Paths and buildings" that we wont get our hands on all the amazing stuff we have seen for the past few weeks

Is there anyone who can confirm we'll get coasters/flats/shops next week when us early birds get our alpha ?

Also will the Alpha be available for download from Midnight?

Somebody on the Reddit who attended the press event - and so, of course, is under NDA - said that what they'd seen and played with was the current alpha build of the game, said it had a lot of functionality and seemed to suggest it was this that we'd get next week.

I'm still prepared for the scenario of only getting access to limited features at any one time - I.e the feature they want to focus on in terms of getting feedback etc.

The streams and dev diary's have me totally pumped for the Alpha next week, I have always had a huge amount of respect for Frontier and been excited since the days of "Coaster Park Tycoon"

But I am worried that after the comment in the live stream about the alpha being about "Paths and buildings" that we wont get our hands on all the amazing stuff we have seen for the past few weeks

Is there anyone who can confirm we'll get coasters/flats/shops next week when us early birds get our alpha ?

Sam's beard (and company) have been busy in sunny San Francisco this week with the GDC conference. There's not been an "official" information release as to what will be included in the alpha release. Speculation has been what you've posted, but though I would be beside myself if we got all the cookies to begin with, I doubt Frontier would release the highly anticipated Alpha with just the ability to make paths and buildings. I think John summed it up real well with a statement he made in the first stream "There's a reason why it's called Planet Coaster". So interpret that as you will. I would expect later this week (possibly tomorrow or Friday) that more details will be forthcoming about what we'll be getting our hands on next week.

As for the download from Midnight, Frontier has not made a statement nailing down a certain "time" that the Alpha would be released. I would suspect that when it is released they'll get a good test of their server infrastructure!!!

All I know is, we will find out what is included on the 21st. As you noted, they were pretty clear about the paths and modular building in the livestream. There are people who know for sure, but they cannot say anything until then. As for the release time, there has been no announcement yet.

Included is building with paths and scenery and everything else will be a surprise I guess?
Would be really cool if we could test a W.I.P Coasterbuilder with King Coaster ;)))

Its alpha at the end of the day, you will get whatever FD want you to test. End of.

Top Bottom