General Gameplay Improved Nightime horizon

Something that has always bothered me is the way the horizon fades to white even at night. This effect works during the day to create the appearance that you're really somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. However, at night this has the opposite effect. The horizon is a blinding white line distracting from the darkened foreground and spoiling immersion.

Here's a comparison of the current nighttime horizon, followed by my own concept of the horizon fading black at night for comparison (pardon my poor photoshop skills)

And btw, I didn't do anything to affect the foreground in the second image. It seems lighter because the more realistic horizon allows your eyes to adjust easier.
Side note: Las Cinco Muertas is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, far from major cities. I might have gone overboard, but could we maybe turn up the night sky a little?

Last edited:
Oh, and I should add this could apply to tropical storms as well. A white haze on the horizon during an afternoon shower looks great, but when a twister touches down the sky should look more like somebody just summoned Shenron.

Top Bottom