Buildings & Attractions Improvements to the Monorail

Your Feature Request / Idea
Currently the monorail system in JWE is rather disappointing; the Arrival Points and buildable Stations are nothing more than elevated sheds with no platform. The buildable stations in particular have a bizarre two storey escalator only on one side.

Another problem with JWE's Monorail is because of the station's design, we never see them on the platform and embark/disembark the train. This is a particular issue with the game in general, visitors either just pass through the shut doors of all of the buildings.

What I find to be the most bizarre and frustrating design choice for this game, is the Arrival Point being unable to connect to the rest of monorail that the players have built. This results in unaesthetically pleasing parks, where stations are built to next to the A.P. (which is necessary in order to have high transport rating, and thus maintain a high park rating) when it would be just as good, if not better, to connect and extend the short A.P. section and have a Monorail system through the whole island.

What I would like to have is a more film accurate Monorail System, similar to the picture down below, this can be resolved through three changes.

jurassic-world-movie-screencaps.com-477.jpg

1. Being able to connect the monorail track to the Arrival Point.

2. A 6 Carriage Monorail; shown both from the movie and the game's reveal trailer. This can be a researchable upgrade for the 4 car train currently in the game, perhaps unlocked on Isla Sorna. Thanks to this longer train, the park’s overcrowding is reduced by 10%.

3. All monorail stations to be based on the one from the film; with visitors shown to be on the platform and the monorail doors opening and closing. As well as another escalator adjacent to the one currently in the game.

Agreed with 1 and 2.

For 3, I do hope we can choose both types of station to build: the current one in the game, and the one seen in the film. Judging from the angle of escalator in the picture, the station in the film might also need a larger ground to build than the one in the game. Besides, it might cause problem for saved games if the station model just changed by updates.

I think a prop interior for the stations and a 1st person mode for the monorail itself (not on the roof) would be nice.

One thing I think that the monorails need is the ability to be built into sloped terrain without flattening it (as seen in that image OP posted).

I fully agreed with point 1 and 3. Love them! Particularly about open space of the building. This makes things feel more alive.

For point 2, I would rather have more capacity from an upgraded hotel (including additional functions for food, entertainment needs). It seems like the hotel in the game looks a bit different from the film.

Regarding save game issue, what about the new building as an additional variation to choose from?
Agreed with Edward’s points about 1st person inside the monorail, this is essentially the magical moment of the film.
Also agreed that the station should be slope-friendly. Yes, it should have constraints to things underneath it (Dinos, fences, other buildings etc.) but certainly not with slopes.

I agree with point 1 and 2, as for point 3 I am very happy with current design. I would be a huge pain to have to code all that extra models, when I rather just have animations of guest with Umbrellas during storms or opening doors to buildings.

Agreed with 1 and 2.

For 3, I do hope we can choose both types of station to build: the current one in the game, and the one seen in the film. Judging from the angle of escalator in the picture, the station in the film might also need a larger ground to build than the one in the game. Besides, it might cause problem for saved games if the station model just changed by updates.

I should have clarified further for point 3; the station's initial layout remains the same, except now opposite the current escalator is another escalator. It’s a small change that makes it more aesthetically pleasing with the escalators now being symmetrical, similar to the picture down below, while still a retaining a compact design.

jzixdYx_d.jpg

I fully agreed with point 1 and 3. Love them! Particularly about open space of the building. This makes things feel more alive.

For point 2, I would rather have more capacity from an upgraded hotel (including additional functions for food, entertainment needs). It seems like the hotel in the game looks a bit different from the film.

Regarding save game issue, what about the new building as an additional variation to choose from?
Agreed with Edward’s points about 1st person inside the monorail, this is essentially the magical moment of the film.
Also agreed that the station should be slope-friendly. Yes, it should have constraints to things underneath it (Dinos, fences, other buildings etc.) but certainly not with slopes.

I concur, what I hope to be added in a patch at some point is to be able to adjust the prices and number of staff for the Hotel as well as the Viewing Gallery and Platform.

Considering how we can do this already with the Gyrostation, it's bizarre that we can’t do the same with the Gallery and Platform. As for the hotel, this patch would fix one of the biggest issues with the game; having to build multiple hotels to satisfy the park capacity. By adjusting the number of staff, as well as the increased passenger capacity with the 6 carriage Monorail, it would be possible to build a large park and only have 2 - 3 hotels. And as a result of this patch, all of these buildings would now be able to generate a profit; along with the food, shopping and fun facilities that are adjacent to these buildings.

I agree with point 1 and 2, as for point 3 I am very happy with current design. I would be a huge pain to have to code all that extra models, when I rather just have animations of guest with Umbrellas during storms or opening doors to buildings.

But the problem I have with the current design is that it’s just an elevated garden shed, there’s not even a platform! It might seem like a small detail but it makes JWE's world more unimmersive for the players. It’s also bizarre when considering Frontier have created a much better design for the station and even Monorail System for Planet Coaster.

I feel that having the camera above the monorail as opposed to inside of them takes away from the experience since it feels almost hamfisted as a feature when compared to first person modes Frontier implemented to Planet Coaster
o41I0We.jpg

I think one of the simplest and most obvious improvements to the monorail would be to have more than one train on the loop! Because currently no matter how long the track, you only get one train - which I understand when the track isn’t a loop but not when it’s circular.

I Agree.

The fact that you can't connect the Entrance Monorail to a buildable Monorail, is stupid and looks stupid when building your park. I would love to have it all interconnecting.

Top Bottom