Improving choice in outfitting?

Pretty straightforward question...

Is there anything we can do to improve the selection of modules available at a given station?

I've been out in Colonia for a while and I've noticed there's very few A-rated thrusters, FSDs or PPs out here.
I see that the engineers out here ARE upgrading their services as more people use them and I was wondering if there's any similar mechanic which allows a station to upgrade it's supply of modules.

Last edited:
Pretty straightforward question...

Is there anything we can do to improve the selection of modules available at a given station?

I've been out in Colonia for a while and I've noticed there's very few A-rated thrusters, FSDs or PPs out here.
I see that the engineers out here ARE upgrading their services as more people use them and I was wondering if there's any similar mechanic which allows a station to upgrade it's uplly of modules.

I dont think there is a way to change it out in Colonia because of how isolated it is out there. Ian might know though if there is a way. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/member.php/18996-Ian-Doncaster

Last edited:
If there is a way to permanently improve outfitting naturally through BGS work, then it's unlikely to work in Colonia as the stations with the high-end outfitting have already been boosted several times past their normal level by Frontier. (However, as none of the CEI surface bases have different outfitting except as far as adjusted by government, I think there is no way to improve through BGS work either or there would be at least some minor variation there)

Achieving Investment state will improve outfitting availability. At the moment, putting Galcop CDC in Ogmar or Colonia Council in Colonia into Investment is likely to upgrade availability - this would be the difference between what we currently have and what we have ever been able to produce

Frontier have stated
For Colonia: we do not support building Starports in Colonia, using player-submitted Community Goals, as this can be seen by other player groups as an unfair advantage to the player group who requested it. We are looking into ways to expand Colonia, and build on what’s currently there, outside of the Community Goal system and when we have any information on this to share, we will surely let you know!
So far the Engineers are the only way to do that - and they're good, but we'd like more.

(In the meantime, one option might be to have a "tech swap" event - we give the bubble G4 SCBs and G5 Life Support, and they give us blueprints for some A-rated modules we haven't got yet)

Top Bottom