Newcomer / Intro Inara Mod Level Question

In Inara ship builds in my fleet there are some modules that are engineered and have say a last grade with a hollow circle instead of a filled circle. One in particular says level 3 but the third circle is hollow. What does this mean?

I have had a closer look and it seems that it is showing that the mod is not 100% completed (the one I am looking at shows 87%). Is this the answer? It shows that although G3 it is only 87% of G3 and so wont work as well as 100% modification?

What happens if you engineer a mod but dont fully complete the first few grades but fully complete the last grade you were trying for?

Yes the hollow symbol indicates that you haven’t reached 100% on that grade, depending how far off 100% you are there might be a noticeable shortfall in performance but at 87% it would probably be hard to tell.

If you are aiming for say G5, don't worry about completing lower grades, it's a waste of materials and has no benefit, as soon as it lets you move onto the next grade roll then do so. At the end, you may be just a few percent off completing 100% G5, and those greedy engineers can force you to do quite a few rolls to get there, and the G5 rolls use high grade mats also, so many cmdrs don't bother with those last rolls as the end benefits are mostly miniscule, unless of course you are an ocd min-maxer and can't help yourself!

Top Bottom