Inara pointless on console

I’m not wrong am I?

I’ve had luck one time. In another thread I was one reply said it worked, and the time I checked afterwards it did. Since then, I’ve been unsuccessful in replicating it. Commodity prices aren’t even close, system states are inaccurate, and from what I can tell the Galaxy Map doesn’t update.

It’s a bummer for sure, but if I’m going to be limited to the in-game tools…is there anyone with a reliable system they use to reliably AND EFFECIENTLY find trade routes/deep core/rare mats prices?

Thanks everyone!

Wow, I didn't think about that. With the loss of EDDB that makes my legacy PS4 Elite Dangerous less desirable to play. Here's a Third Party Tools listing on ED WIKI. Some may no longer be active and as in no more support for Windows 7 I suspect that most have moved on to Horizons 4.0 and Odyssey 4.0.

Here's a Trading Guide on the list but I haven't checked it out. I hope it helps to replace the loss of EDDB in any ED version.

Regards

Last edited:
The main problem is that incoming data in Legacy is tiny - on a typical weekend at the moment, EDDN gets around 30,000 submissions of Live "FSDJump" data for the bubble, which is one of the key components needed for this sort of tool. In the same time, it'll get 64 (sixty-four) submissions from Legacy. The data just isn't there, for the most part, even for sites which do support Legacy.

One person has set up a basic site for letting you query what market data there is: http://edlegacy.iloveitmore.com.au/

well, trade data isnt something what will change by 180* in few days.
If extraction station X produce gold in live galaxy, I guess, that legacy will have it too.
Maybe different price or supply due to bgs states, but you can try use inara for trade and modules. Even for mining spots, since hotspots are in same systems.

Or actually learn game mechanics and doing it without 3rd party tools, and/or use in game bookmarks. Personally I think that it is fun thing, and after few days in one area I don't need any tool (even in game searching commodities) if I need any stuff for example missions. I simply remember, where I can buy X, Y and Z close to K system.

But yes, it can be very difficult, if you need top of the top trade routes, and 20k profit is bad, because somewhere you can het 20,2k :)

As Ian Doncaster said - Inara is for Live game version only and even with the Legacy support the data is not there, so it will be useless. All major tools are Live-only since the game update 14 (that includes EDDB before shutdown). So except that tool for market data linked, there are no Legacy tools of this kind I am afraid.

I'm finding I'm enjoying learning to use the in game tools, I haven't yet used it for locating high prices but have successfully utilised them for sourcing markets.

I do remember that for selling high value commodities, a combination of system states are vital; e.g. Boom(or Investment) + Civil Liberty + Expansion.

I can imagine that since a lot of states are the result of player action, then with the lack of said players working the BGS in legacy it could difficult to find the right combination.

I found trade data on all sites to be way off for console when I started playing in late 2018. That was a big part of the reason I moved to PC in early 2020.

I expect there to be a few navigational discrepancies now. That was the only real use I had for Inara and EDDB while on console.

Top Bottom