Incorrect species distribution map for North Sulawesi Babirusa

I apologise if this is something that has been brought up before, but I haven't seen it raised myself.

While in-game it is referred to simply as the Babirusa, its classification as Babyrousa celebensis confirms that the species is intended to be the North Sulawesi Babirusa (as it is labeled in the promotive material as well as its Zoopedia description). This makes sense, as this is the most widespread species of babirusa both in the wild and in captivity. However, the species distribution map is that of B. babyrussa, the Buru Babirusa. A comparison is shown below:

Zoopedia map:
U7vvVSG.jpg

(sorry for the image quality, I'm not at home at the moment and had to snip this from a YouTube video)

Distribution of the North Sulawesi Babirusa:
0bAzrr8.jpg

Distribution of the Buru Babirsua:
6Y0e678.jpg

My best guess for how this mistake was made was due to the fact that all babirusa species were lumped under Babyrousa babyrussa until 2001.

Last edited:
I apologise if this is something that has been brought up before, but I haven't seen it raised myself.

While in-game it is referred to simply as the Babirusa, its classification as Babyrousa celebensis confirms that the species is intended to be the North Sulawesi Babirusa (as it is labeled in the promotive material as well as its Zoopedia description). This makes sense, as this is the most widespread species of babirusa both in the wild and in captivity. However, the species distribution map is that of B. babyrussa, the Buru Babirusa. A comparison is shown below:

Zoopedia map:
U7vvVSG.jpg

(sorry for the image quality, I'm not at home at the moment and had to snip this from a YouTube video)

Distribution of the North Sulawesi Babirusa:
0bAzrr8.jpg

Distribution of the Buru Babirsua:
6Y0e678.jpg

My best guess for how this mistake was made was due to the fact that all babirusa species were lumped under Babyrousa babyrussa until 2001.
This is a good find. So if we were to add it to the list of Babirusa issues in the game, the list will be as follows:
  • Wrong distribution map
  • Generic name for multiple species used as species name
  • They shouldn't have 'Grasslands' as a suitable biome

Top Bottom