Ingame Recording Software

Hello guys it's time for me again to create another meaningfull thread and hope you like it!

All the time I thought about how do frontier will capture all the feedbacks and bugs in the game when alpha starts. So there came a simple idea on my mind.
Why don't Frontier offers a ingame recording system? In some situations where you find a bug or anything else, it would be easier to record the situation or pre recorded (set time) and add a text and send them to feedback support!

And by the way the ingame recorder should be also used for other things that has nothing to do with bugs or problems. Like on PS4 click on share button and create a clip and send it wherever you want.
For that it would be helpful that the ingame recording should not be so complicated and also not just to simple. I mean a few resolutions, codecs etc. and cut and adding text go on ....

I hope my thread is usefuland the devs take a closer look for it ;)

Check OBS. It's free, have tons of possibilities, can record and/or stream at the same time to a dozen different streaming platforms including YouTube and twitch.

If anyone needs help setting it up, I'm more than happy to do so! (I want to see all your amazing creations!)

Maybe it's better. But I thought something ingame. I don't wanna install other things than unnecessary needed. A lot of users aren't that fit in using third party software. For me it's no problem. But handling is big plus here ingame!

While there's various software available to capture video as you play, what I would really like to see is a "Flying Camera Route Editor" similar to the semi-hidden one in RCT3.

For those who have never used it, the FCRE allowed you to set up a route in your park for the camera to follow. It was based on spline curves and quite flexible. I assume Frontier originally built it to record their own promotional videos, but by leaving it in the game (albeit hidden) they gave us the opportunity to create some cool clips ourselves.

If you're curious about how it was used in RCT3, feel free to skim through a tutorial I wrote which you can find on my site here .

Top Bottom