Instantly kill lagswitchers in CQC

Title. It's not the first time I see people going through structures/rocks (not in gateways or around, straight in structures where you'd take collision damage) and Suddenly stop taking damage when they're about to die. I think there's something fishy going on in CQC right now and it deserves to be fixed as it is a quite good gameplay.

I wasn't aware of this, my bad! They were both indeed flying Condors. I hope it cannot be exploited though as everybody switched from TDM to DM this afternoon because of a single guy doing that.

Edit : However the guy was still flying and shooting normally. I once was in the same team and followed him. He still managed to kill opponents and damage taken stopped when he was low.

Last edited:
Condor is messed up. I almost completely stopped using it because of the crashes.

But not long ago I witnessed one player to seem perfectly normal until when I was shooting at him.
When I did he suddenly was becoming laggy and teleporting all over the place.
He was still dying, just taking no damage for moments but then taking all the damage all at once and exploding.

It got me thinking people have some ways to interrupt connections, create packet loss etc. Maybe.
Or just genuinely bad internet.

As for seeming to go through rocks, unfortunately this game doesn't synchronize the rotation of asteroids to players. Everyone's rocks are rotating differently, which means sometimes when it looks like they go inside a rock on your screen they're just very close to it on their screens.

Wish cqc had matchmaking options so these things could be avoided. Creating match with friends only or something would be nice...

Wish cqc had matchmaking options so these things could be avoided. Creating match with friends only or something would be nice...

It would also function as a difficulty setting and rank farming tool, as well as fragment an already small player base. I suppose they could not have private matches count toward any progress.

It would also function as a difficulty setting and rank farming tool, as well as fragment an already small player base. I suppose they could not have private matches count toward any progress.
Farming would be the least of the worries as most the playerbase already uses relog exploits to farm stuff.

This is a rather isolated view, because one of the main problems of matchmaking is the lack of participants. More matchmaking options would divide the CQC players even more and thus increase the problems instead of solving them. I very much agree with Morbad in this.
Standard player argument Nr. 764: Something is bad, better not even try to fix it? ;) jk
Lack of players is caused by lackluster features/design of whole CQC. It's just surprising that they didn't even copy/paste stuff from games over 20 years ago to get a better system going. Current system is almost on bar with Descend.
I really hope it gets better, since when planets align proper and you find a match with minimal lag, full lobby and everyone around same skill level, CQC is fantastic. It just happens once a month, if that.

Lack of players is caused by lackluster features/design of whole CQC.

I suspect lack of players is mostly caused by shoehorning an arena shooter into Elite: Dangerous.

In isolation, yes, being able to customize matches would be a good feature, but it's not going to help the game we have. You need a larger playerbase before you can segment it.

I really hope it gets better, since when planets align proper and you find a match with minimal lag, full lobby and everyone around same skill level, CQC is fantastic. It just happens once a month, if that.

Exactly.

Top Bottom