Newcomer / Intro Interdicted by authorities

I have noticed being interdicted by Security?
I'm without fines or wanted (clean)

Is this something new?

Ready to Attack, luckily saw they are Authority vessels with no interest in me?
maybe they are trying to warn me ( I was heading into Ax Conflict Zone )
at first I was curious to see if they would attack
Now it is just getting annoying
Thanks

The military do tend to interdict a lot in Incursion systems - I guess they're on a high state of alert. #thinkoftheimmersions

In the past the system authority would scan your ship for illegal cargo or bounties. But as this feature has gone missing or broken, they just interdict you for apparently no reason. The chance increases due to the state of the system.

This is just the typical Frontier design MO. First - an idea. Then they implement it, preferably if it does not make a lot of sense. Then it is implemented for a while, and breaks with other updates. And then it is in its end state, and remains so....

Typical Frontier NPC 'interaction'. The security ship could:
  • For example thank you for submitting, scan you and tell you 'all well, continue on' (if you are clean).
  • For example call you and ask you to submit before starting an interdiction
  • For example at least scan you, and then say something
What usually happens: You are interdicted, if you resist and win, no consequences. If you submit, you end up with a ship which zips around, doing nothing (the NPC 'script' obviously is confused and has missing parameters). If you resist and loose, it is the same.

One more possibility for a more believable and lively world wasted. Sure, it's not really important, but then they should just delete this, instead of not fixing or changing it.

I have only ever noticed this in a system with Conflict Zones, usually when I am going to or from the CZ, if I spot who it is interdicting me I will usually submit for the practice otherwise I just evade the interdiction as normal and carry on. It last happened to me at the Interstellar Initiative.

I think they are just bored.

Top Bottom