Horizons Is anybody playing Horizons with Sli or Crossfire?

Can't tell anything about SLI, but I got i7, 16gb ram and 970gtx and it works perfectly with mostly 60fps. 2x 1070 will make your Beluga fly at over9000m/s. I don't think you'll have any issues.

Im planning on using Sli myself. I just hope anyone with either set up comes on here with their spec and confirms one way or the other

And if so, how is it performing? Im looking at doing this next year with two Geforce Gtx 1070's.

I have 1 zotac 1070 amp extreme and you can run it at 4k ultra, 2 would be a waste. FD need proper AA instead of the brute force of SS, I had a 970 G1 and that did fine at 1440p 60fps so as things stand 1 1070 is plenty.

System specs with triple monitors 60fps
Performance is good with all games graphics set to ultra.
One issue though is, when approching planets on the dark side there is a phasing or slow pulsing between dark and ambient light. Its not good and has persisted for some time. And is an SLI driver/sortware issue

Processor: INTEL Quad Core I7 4790K
Memory: 16GB Corsiar Ram 2400Mhz Memory
Graphics: MSI GTX970 SLI
Harddrive: 2TB SATA Hard Drive
Harddrive: 120GB Solid State Drive
Powersupply: XFX XTR Series 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified Fully-Modular
12mbps broadband connection.

Flimley

What resolution will you be playing at to need 2 x GTX 1070s?!!! I'm running a GTX 970 and it does Ultra at 60 fps and 1440p!
Im not at home to double check but im certain its set to 4k resolution (3840 x 2160) in Elite and it hovers between 57-60fps. Im waiting on some HyperX FURY 8Gb Memory as I think mine is not performing well after some benchmark testing. I wanted to be able to run everything at Ultra, guess I should look at a better processor?

I play with two GTX 980's in SLI and it runs great, scaling is pretty good.

My main issue currently is the lighting bug that Flimley mentioned. It makes me avoid planets and rings at times.

Im planning on using Sli myself. I just hope anyone with either set up comes on here with their spec and confirms one way or the other

2 way sli gtx 1080 fe liquid cooled
i7-6700k,
32g, ddr4 tridentz 3400
oculus rift
custom liquid cooling loop

fps on 4k 80-120
fps in vr about the same

I play predominantly on my laptop in the family room/kitchen area so I don't get my chops busted too hard by the wife by sitting in my office on my desktop - the sacrifices you make to keep the good graces of the wife... you would think it is a huge sacrifice performance-wise since my desktop I built - soon to be upgraded yet again internally - pushes 3x 980GTX in SLI with three 30" screens on a 1600p compared to my OriginPC gaming/work laptop from a few years ago that has 2x 780mGTX in SLI. However, despite the sacrifice between the visual real estate, the laptop performs more than exemplary maintaining a 60fps consistently except upon initial loading times when dropping into the instance for a split second. Graphics are all set to their respective highest setting using the GeForce Experience program that optimizes graphics setting for your card setup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom