Is it possible to save paths with a blueprint?

I thought I saw this in the streams, a building saved as a blue print with paths through it?

I've tried all I can think of any no joy yet! I wanted to make and share a working and seamless plaza picnic area on steam - I know it's something many ask for..

Any help would be appreciated!

path saving seems rather important to this feature [up] plus I really wish we could save terrain although I can understand if thats not possible, but definitely pathing seems important

Last edited:
Indeed. It seems at odds with having the new system designed to align paths with the building grid. Paths should be selectable.

They are being very sneaky about this. I was convinced they said paths and terrain would be saveable....

To be fair, I don't recall anything about terrain and I can see that whilst occasionally useful, that would be a huge thing to implement in a workable way. I just assumed (and honestly thought I heard them say) paths could form part of a blueprint. It just seems so obvious.

When I started this thread I really did think someone would tell me how to do it and that I had missed something obvious!

I can see how not saving paths would be a pain, especially if they're used as an integral part of a building (e.g. flooring in a shopping area). I would hope it's something that Frontier can add to the game without too much effort.

I'd also love to see terrain added. Not everyone is a sculpting master, and many of the parks that Frontier have shared use sculpted terrain in some way as an embellishment. It seems a shame that you can only save off your park as a whole. Using terrain as an integral part of a ride (with scenery) implies that you can't select and save that ride as a whole, which diminishes the blueprint feature. Having said that, I can see how it would be a tricky thing to get right, not least because the tools for adequate selection of a section of terrain don't exist. In its most basic form, a cuboid surrounding the terrain you want to export might work, but a more complete solution might involve painting the areas of the terrain that you're interested in.

Add to that the complexity of applying the terrain to an existing park (do you store it as deltas from a baseline level? do you allow vertical displacement of the blueprinted terrain? etc.) I don't think we'll see it any time soon. [ Frontier: do feel free to prove me wrong... :) ]

Top Bottom