Is JWE done?

Like the it says, I'd like to know if there's gonna be any further updates/DLCs for this game, it's been months without news.
I must make clear that I'm not saying this game is bad or anything, I'm a huge fan and I've always bought every DLC the day it's published, I'm also not talking about its community which I believe is pretty much alive.

I just want to know if it's time to stop wandering around, hoping to find news about new content for this game. Frontier has been working on Planet Zoo, but there are no news for this community whatsoever.

Last edited:
Frontier Developments are still in active development for it and their other three active games. Trust me, I just know, even if I can't explain it in written or spoken words. Post-launch development is their business strategy, and there is no straight pattern as to how much new content is teased or revealed. For example: Some years have more than one DLC for their games after a few month time span, and some DLCs come close together.

No AAA company like them is going to ever do the same "tell us beforehand" strategy for single-player only games unless they are in early access, if certain people can take a peak before launch, or until they are confident in what they will offer at reveal. That goes for Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, and Planet Zoo. There's a reason why they do this, it's just the impatient thirsting for more now than later.

It is worth mentioning that Frontier have no contractual end to produce content with Universal Studios for this particular game. If they did, it would've been fully known by now. They will continue to make more content until they say so officially. Rumors (unconfirmed stories) say they will end production of such sometime by 2021, but without evidence to support the claim, I can't confirm anything.

Last edited:
Interesting, then I guess we'll have to wait and see. Thank you for your insight, it gives me a better idea of the situation.

I hope the leak is not right, but only one final dlc would be disappointing. I am full of hope that we will get the long wished mosasaurus along this year.

I hope the leak is not right, but only one final dlc would be disappointing. I am full of hope that we will get the long wished mosasaurus along this year.
Official confirmation will always be through official channels. An email or internet-post from a anonymous or wish-to-be anonymous employee/group from an official company is not full confirmation until time tells so or otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm expecting one more larger DLC and 2 more smaller ones.

The larger one would be the Mosasaurus done similarly to the pteranodons, and add a pile of JW scenery items like RtJP did with JP ones. Perhaps also adding the raptor training facility and giving an actual use for it and the quarantine pen/raptor paddock beyond just scenery.

One of the smaller ones would be a standard dinosaur pack, and the other would be slightly bigger and be created as a "Complete" edition, letting them sell physical copies of things again that include everything. It might include the full set of pre-order skins and possibly the ankylo from the jingle jam, potentially also Rexy skins like the Raptor Squad ones. Basically something intended to convince people on consoles to just buy it again.

That would be nice, but during the last time there where no news around the game, so i see hope vanishing soon.
If they were finished producing more content, they would've confirm so somehow, just like any other company with a post-launch development game, but they didn't.
Source: https://twitter.com/JW_Evolution/status/1263379649800871936

Official channel confirmations never lie, even if somethings do become dated overtime, which they truly can happen like, for example, with the release dates with some DLCs for another post-launch developing game that I personally know of, but also which I know this won't be the case here on the subject of matter. I just do, but I'm not going to go further on that part here.

Last edited:
I think there will be an update coming to the game soon. My only proof of this is how the developers are taking note of issues in the issue trackers, and an update would come soon to at least address some of these issues.

I think I could be optimistic and imagine that the update may be sizeable, as it has been some time since our last update (February 25 2020) so these months may lead to a sizeable patch soon. For comparison, just last year we had a similar gap in the first quarter and that gap ended with an update 1.7 on April 17th 2019, with the previous update being January 31st 2019, about 2.5 months. There was backlash regarding the lack of content as it was just a vivid stegosaurus skin followed by camera mode, which was not much at the time, but that was slightly alleviated by the surprise release of the carnivore dinosaur pack. Only when update 1.8 came in June 18th did we get a huge update that improved tours, dinosaur behaviors, challenge mode, new feeder, terrain tools, scenery items, and the release of Claire's Sanctuary DLC, showing us what they have been working on since the first quarter.

Now the situation is we have a 3 month gap since the last update, which was a small update to fix some bugs and crashes. I could imagine we would be getting a similarly large update soon, but I have my doubts that there will be any paid DLC, or at the very least soon as the steamdb is fairly empty of potential dlc. If I were to guess, we would get a sizeable update this June-July that would focus on introducing several patches, QOL additions, a potential for new mechanics, and a means to polish the game as much as possible with some fan suggested features being implemented. One hypothetical I like is the potential of new dinosaurs to be released around the time Camp Cretaceous comes out on netflix as a means to promote the netflix series, which in turn would promote new viewers to get the game to use build a park with the dinosaurs they saw in said netflix series.

So far we have to wait and see what's going to happen. The team is definitely working on something and listening to the playerbase, it just makes more sense to be quiet about it now than last year as the game we have now is a far more complete game compared to what it was, so the pressure is not as heavy now as it was back then. Regardless, with COVID-19 still a thing, it is probably for the best to keep expectations low and be patient to hear what's next for JWE. Planet zoo is their new baby but it is being handled by a different team in the company, and as @gabeluna27 has pointed out, the team responded that if any updates are to come, it will be distributed via social media. The light in all of this is that they have not responded with a halt in game support.

I think there will be an update coming to the game soon. My only proof of this is how the developers are taking note of issues in the issue trackers, and an update would come soon to at least address some of these issues.

I think I could be optimistic and imagine that the update may be sizeable, as it has been some time since our last update (February 25 2020) so these months may lead to a sizeable patch soon. For comparison, just last year we had a similar gap in the first quarter and that gap ended with an update 1.7 on April 17th 2019, with the previous update being January 31st 2019, about 2.5 months. There was backlash regarding the lack of content as it was just a vivid stegosaurus skin followed by camera mode, which was not much at the time, but that was slightly alleviated by the surprise release of the carnivore dinosaur pack. Only when update 1.8 came in June 18th did we get a huge update that improved tours, dinosaur behaviors, challenge mode, new feeder, terrain tools, scenery items, and the release of Claire's Sanctuary DLC, showing us what they have been working on since the first quarter.

Now the situation is we have a 3 month gap since the last update, which was a small update to fix some bugs and crashes. I could imagine we would be getting a similarly large update soon, but I have my doubts that there will be any paid DLC, or at the very least soon as the steamdb is fairly empty of potential dlc. If I were to guess, we would get a sizeable update this June-July that would focus on introducing several patches, QOL additions, a potential for new mechanics, and a means to polish the game as much as possible with some fan suggested features being implemented. One hypothetical I like is the potential of new dinosaurs to be released around the time Camp Cretaceous comes out on netflix as a means to promote the netflix series, which in turn would promote new viewers to get the game to use build a park with the dinosaurs they saw in said netflix series.

So far we have to wait and see what's going to happen. The team is definitely working on something and listening to the playerbase, it just makes more sense to be quiet about it now than last year as the game we have now is a far more complete game compared to what it was, so the pressure is not as heavy now as it was back then. Regardless, with COVID-19 still a thing, it is probably for the best to keep expectations low and be patient to hear what's next for JWE. Planet zoo is their new baby but it is being handled by a different team in the company, and as @gabeluna27 has pointed out, the team responded that if any updates are to come, it will be distributed via social media. The light in all of this is that they have not responded with a halt in game support.
My predictions if an update happens:
new buildings
new skins
update on modes
no new dinos (sadly :( )
prove me wrong Frontier

to be honest there are still at least 2-3 dino pack i really would like to see in game and that is aquatic, small herbivore or carnivore pack and 1 more hybrid pack but as far as anything else i wouldnt expect alot especially with there other game they have out and still need to do work on. they still have work to do with other games i heard so there busy but it would be cool if they didnt stop JWE content

to be honest there are still at least 2-3 dino pack i really would like to see in game and that is aquatic, small herbivore or carnivore pack and 1 more hybrid pack but as far as anything else i wouldnt expect alot especially with there other game they have out and still need to do work on. they still have work to do with other games i heard so there busy but it would be cool if they didnt stop JWE content
they probobly would not yet

Ofcourse, all we can do is speculate. The absence of any news, absence of a new entry in the steamdb and the slowly dissapearing of JWE-time in the weeklyschedules make me sad. "We currently have nothing to announce", or any similar statement, to me can mean either of the two options that 1) DLC or QOL updates will come or 2) no longer and this is the end of support. A "we plan to release smth for JWE somewhere in the future" or a "we do not plan for any releases in the future for JWE anymore" would be a welcome statement to give me some peace of mind (ofcourse I'd like the first better! :D).

Ofcourse, all we can do is speculate. The absence of any news, absence of a new entry in the steamdb and the slowly dissapearing of JWE-time in the weeklyschedules make me sad. "We currently have nothing to announce", or any similar statement, to me can mean either of the two options that 1) DLC or QOL updates will come or 2) no longer and this is the end of support. A "we plan to release smth for JWE somewhere in the future" or a "we do not plan for any releases in the future for JWE anymore" would be a welcome statement to give me some peace of mind (ofcourse I'd like the first better! :D).
Comparing histories on the SteamDB, Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo & Elite Dangerous have all had an obvious, large amount of work done on the dev copies (blank changelogs are caused by Steam's global changes).

At this point I wouldn't expect anything for June. I hope there's plans to do something for Camp Cretaceous in August, but if there's still no activity by mid July, then they probably aren't doing that (at this point it looks like it could only really be skins that Frontier might have to make themselves, apart from maybe Mussaurus & Protoceratops, which are likely minor appearances, assuming they aren't just toys added to round off a subset that would otherwise be just a young Ankylosaurus & Raptors).

It certainly seems like they might be dedicating most of their time to working on the sequel, if they're not wholly dedicated to it. They might simply be waiting until they've announced the sequel to confirm that they've stopped work on the original (assuming similar to last time, about August or September).

I'd like to see some dinosaur skeleton statues and giant amber statues as JW era decorations like the JP era lights and signs. Also my idea from an earlier thread of using damaged versions of buildings and vehicles as scenery items. Imagine a T-Rex enclosure with a couple beat up tour explorers or a Spinosaurus pen with bits of the crashed plane.

Top Bottom