Is there a Way to build a Moat next to a Path without it looking weird and if possible also closer than it would normally be possible?

I've finally finished the big Flowerbed at the Entrance of my Chinese Garden. Now I want to build the new Enclosure for my Formosan Black Bears and I want it to be a circular Island. Is there a Way to dig a Moat directly next to the Path and with a smooth Edge? I know I could delete the Path, dig the Moat and replace the Path as a raised Path but as far as I know I wouldn't be able to fill it with Water if I would do it that Way

I've decided to just build a Rock Cover for the Edge of the Moat so it looks rounder but this wouldn't be a very good Solution for the other two Islands that will contain Red Pandas and Peafowl (hopefully someday the Green Peafowl instead of the Indian Peafowl) because they are way smaller. Some Tips for Island Enclosure Entrances could be also useful

Are you still able to add Water without needing to make the Path too high?

Well, usually - it's difficult to describe the exact method I use because I kind of just try different things until something works. I haven't done it in a while but I'm fairly certain I add the water first and raise the path slightly above the water. Seems to do the trick.

Ok, I hope this will work for the other two Islands. Just had a great Idea. They are in the Chinese Garden anyways, so maybe I could delete the Ground around the Island completely, build the Path, and then close the Pit that isn't Part of a Island with Moss and then add the other Plants on it 😃👍
If this works like I'm imagining it, I won't need to create a Height Difference to the Rest of the Garden

....but then you never can change the terrain again, because you'll never get back your water height if you delete the water to e.g. soften your slope and then put back your water again.

....but then you never can change the terrain again, because you'll never get back your water height if you delete the water to e.g. soften your slope and then put back your water again.
Now that you mention it, I think I couldn't add the Water at the right Height if I'll do it that Way. I hope I'll find a good Way to do it. Hopefully I won't need to make the Islands bigger because there isn't much Room for Improvement for the Peafowl Island because it is really close to the Edge of the Park

Top Bottom