Discussion Is there a way to prolong refuelling/restocking/resupply times via mod?

These timers would be on simultaneously, not stacked.

I want a more authentic Elite, so I've come up with a few preliminary values of roughly what I'd like to change using a mostly second-by-tonnage formula. The thing is, I don't know where to start to make it a reality - I don't even know if it is feasible. I want to see values on my HUD to determine how many seconds of time is left to refuel, restock and resupply - as at the moment all three can be instantaneously replenished in a nanosecond before I am even secured to the docking pad, which ruins the immersion for me.

FDEV say they are fine with modding as long as the mod does not provide advantages or messes about with ARX. This is more of a series of penalties so I think it should be ok! I guess what I'm looking for is: Is it possible and if so, how can it be done?

Here are some rough ideas for what I'd like to implement:

Refuel = 1 second per ton of fuel

Lowest: 1 ton = 1s
Max 64 tons = 64 s

Lowest Value = 1 x 6 = 6 s
Maximum Value (Type 10) = 9 x 8 = 54 s

Flat timer, would have to remain static across all hardpoints to dissuade advantage.

Repair = damage value x tonnage of ship as seconds / 2

Damage Value = 0.1s for 1% damage to 0.99s for 99% damage.

1 ton = 1 second

Lowest = Say you are at 99% health and you are in a hypothetical ship that weighs 25 tons: 0.1 x 25 = 2.5s /2 = 1.25s

Max = Now you are at 1% health and you are in a hypothetical ship that weighs 1,500 tons: 0.99s x 1,500 = 1,485s /2 = 742.5s = 12.38 mins

Load/Unload time in seconds = number of supply / 2

1 ton = 0.5 s
500t = 250s = 4.1 mins
794t = 397s = 6.6 mins

Last edited:
OP ida will not like this.. Neither will cargo haulers or combat folks.. Offcourse numbers can change...

What is next.. Hitting your ship with a hammer to 'repair'. I prefer to stay away form this kind of gameplay.

i'm ok with the idea ONLY IF during the refuel/repair/restock we have animations showing station/fc crew working on our ship :)

and

default LOW cost refuel/repair/restock = SLOW (with the animations)
PREMIUM (x10 low cost) = FAST (the same as we have at the moment, without the animations)

OP ida will not like this.. Neither will cargo haulers or combat folks.. Offcourse numbers can change...

What is next.. Hitting your ship with a hammer to 'repair'. I prefer to stay away form this kind of gameplay.
I can imagine quite a few would like this, I'm not the only one. It would only affect those that want to download the mod anyway - possibly only for Solo.
i'm ok with the idea ONLY IF during the refuel/repair/restock we have animations showing station/fc crew working on our ship :)

and

default LOW cost refuel/repair/restock = SLOW (with the animations)
PREMIUM (x10 low cost) = FAST (the same as we have at the moment, without the animations)
Well, it would be cool to also put on construction/restock/supply apparatus too. Doesn't even need to do anything - as long as I see my ship in some sort of apparatus, I'd be satisfied.

Last edited:
I quite like this. If it could be a non-negative variable. You might want to wait 32 seconds to refuel rather than 64, for example.
Might also be nice if you couldn't refuel/restock while in the process of moving below decks.

I quite like this. If it could be a non-negative variable. You might want to wait 32 seconds to refuel rather than 64, for example.
Might also be nice if you couldn't refuel/restock while in the process of moving below decks.
Most wouldn't be waiting very long, most of the time the fuel and repair and isn't at 1% - and the shorter the safer the journey, the shorter the waiting times.

Top Bottom