Horizons Is there anyone who uses in outfitting the default sorting?

Module Type is my first choice, and yes I wished the game remembered this between outfitting sessions.

If they don't want to store this setting server-side then this is a good example of something that could be stored client-side without any risk.

Class descending. The menu really needs to be revamped with the number of modules we have now. I mean come on, a fan site like Coriolis does it so much better than the game!

Off topic but it's the same with the control options, we need different tabs.

+1, this definitely needs attention.

I always switched to Module Type, but now have to use Module Name, there is just too many of them now and I don't see any logic in module types order.

Yes, I always set it to Sort By Name Ascending. The default is just pointless, and I wish it would remember my choice. I'd also dearly like a filter, when I'm searching for a new set of Shields at a system that stocks everything (Shinrarta Desra for instance) it's a long scroll down the list. Let me select Internal Module, then Module Type, and then list all the Shields.

But it's like the Control settings screen, in need of some live, and has been since the start, but it's a low priority at best for FD.

The design of the outfitting screen is an excellent example of how not to design a slot and filler interface, same goes for the control assignments screen. At a minimum there should be a categorized tab strip.

If in game equipment was a sophisticated as it should be for a supposedly AAA space game, this kind of lapse in design would never have been possible. Bad FD, BAD.

Price Decending

sort by name ascending.
i found that sort by class is confusing.

yes, the default sort is a bit silly, but that ui still needs much love anyway.

Needs much love? It needs to be wined and dined and flown to paris for a romantic weekend. Maybe then it will actually look and feel like it was designed and not just placed.

Always by module type.

It would be nice to have some tabs by module type, some stations have very long lists of stuff and it keep getting longer.

I sometimes use Price Descending, occasionally Class Descending or Rating Descending depending on what I'm looking for. Most often I use either Name Ascending or Name Descending depending on what I'm looking for.

Yeah, I would agree the default search should be changed.

Class descending every time, it's a nightmare trying to find a specific module otherwise, and stops me absent-mindedly picking the wrong size. I would kill for a coriolis.io-style outfitting interface though. Something they should've done a year ago.

Top Bottom