Is there ever an Odyssey discount on Frontier Store?

I bought Elite Dangerous on the Frontier Store and subsequently use the Frontier launcher to launch Elite preferring not to use Steam so all monies go to Frontier Developments.
I am finally ready (I think!) to give Odyssey a go (am a VR user only so am disappointed that it is not VR compatible) but would like to take advantage of certain Odyssey features that are not available in Horizons like atmospheric landings.
Odyssey is always £29.99 on the Frontier Store even when Steam sales are in effect. At the moment Odyssey is £14.99 on Steam.
Is Odyssey ever discounted on Frontier Store to match the Steam price?
I would like to stay using the Frontier launcher but if Odyssey is not discounted ever, why should I!?

Yes. I bought it some months ago at discount.

No. Two different, independent companies.
I am aware that Frontier and Steam are different companies but am wondering if Frontier ever price match with Steam when Steam are having their sales? It would make sense as I want all the money to go to Frontier and not 30% to Steam, or however much it is!

Wants all money to go to FDev.
Wants to buy their game on sale.
🤔
Well, yes - I won't really be using Odyssey for anything other than atmospheric landings and maybe a bit of exobiology - not really interested in the FPS side of it as I am solely a VR player and the 2D image looks rubbish from what I can see in videos. I am not happy to spend £30 on it when I could spend £15. I'm not a charity! I would just like what I do spend to go to FDEV and not have 30% of it taken by Steam. Do you see my point?

Top Bottom