Horizons Is this a problem?

Hi folks,

Just want to ask about this before I make a bug report.

The last 3 days my game has been slightly slower to boot up from launcher (Horizons 64bit).
There is a long pause of black screen after pressing play, also the music seems to be back to what it was pre-Horizons.

The game runs fine, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, just in case it's one of the many issues with the launcher being logged at the mo.

Just to confirm, the start up and menu music are new with Horizons right? Just so I know I'm not going mad lol!

Cheers all,

J

Last edited:
Have to say that as far as i am aware mine has been ok in the main. Least ways no worse the its ever been before as NZ net always seems a little slow to log me in :p

Will keep and eye on it tho and let you knw :)

I think the only difference with the intro music is that we now have an extended bit at the beginning which is different whilst the shaders are built, and then it goes into the normal music one we're on the main menu.

Last edited:
Quite likely as it does take a wee bit longer for the shaders to build with the new 64 bit platform

I just get the old track above now, it just changed randomly when I started the game up the other day, it was fine literally the day before.....just to confirm again, it is new menu music now isn't it? Not the music above.

Weird, just got slower to launch and music changed over night....gotta love puters!

So so no one else experiencing this? Any ideas what might cause it?

J

Yeah, I also got the old menu music back for some reason....pitty, I liked the change to something else.

Thanks Andy, I'm guessing it's something their end then if I'm not the only one.
Threre are a lot of bug reports regarding launcher, so I guess it must be to do with that.

Hopefully we may see a patch this week, that's if the Frontier offices are still there, it's awfully quiet around here! :p
Maybe the place has been washed down the river Cam with all the flooding going on!

J

Last edited:
So I've Still got the old music on startup and menu....did FD change it back? The new Horizons music has disappeared :(

Also the menu flickers or flashes slightly after a few seconds....on a loop about every 4 secs.
Also still slightly slower to boot up.

Anyone else?

J

Top Bottom