Isla Sorna 1993 Challenge Mode (JP era) - Hammond Foundation Fee Glitch

Has anyone else experienced this? I want to attempt Jurassic difficulty on Isla 1993 Sorna (JP era), but I'm encountering an issue that makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to begin. Before I even have any buildings powered up, I'm already losing ~$50k a minute from the Hammond foundation fee.

Just to check, I even started up Isla Sorna 1993 in the Jurassic World era, and I didn't have this issue. I tried Isla Nublar 1993 in both eras, and this issue didn't arise. I even started up challenge mode on a base game map in both eras and didn't run into this issue. This issue only occurs on Isla Sorna 1993 Jurassic Park era, oddly enough. Deleting then reinstalling the game didn't fix it.

I was hoping to attempt 1993 Sorna in the JP era specifically, since the map compliments the tour attraction so well. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Wow, and here I was thinking that they really made Challenge Mode a challenge because everyone was saying it was so easy. Good to know that my first Challenge Mode with the JP era may be bugged, and not that it's a super challenge.

Yeah, the same issue here. I got two dinos, car tour, gift shop and cafe and still can not go forward. I am losing too much money somehow, and those are all starting buildings that worked well on other islands.

I have gotten past the incredible income discrepancy in this mode. I pulled heavily from Grant and Malcom contracts because they were easy (meaning that Grant wanted more fossils as did I, and Malcom wanted me to smell the roses which was reassuring) in order to get the dig yield research as fast as possible. I went for Gallimimus and Triceratops with a starting roster 5 Galli's and 3 Trikes. This slowed the money hemorrhaging to where I was getting enough transfusions from contracts and dig yields to keep my income up. After that, I slowly increased my dinosaur variety until I started to make positive money.

I am far from being rich, but I've made it to the mass sauropod incubation stage of Challenge Mode, and I suspect that I will pull through. My biggest concern at this point, is not enough fossil material to keep my income high enough to afford additional dinosaurs. I still think I will make it, but it will be close since my starting dino's are starting to die off.

Good luck everyone! It appears to be possible to do without a patch.

Same problems here too!

I am always in the negative with my park funds before I have enough genome to breed my first dinosaur.

On top of that, I keep getting contracts that I can NOT complete any time soon, such as "release a Metriacanthosaurus with 'X' modification", or get a fossil of 'X' species, which is not available until I either hit a distant marker on a reputation bar or when I reach a 1 or 2 star park rating, and I can never afford to cancel those contracts in hopes of getting one I have a chance of completing quickly because of how much they would cost me too.

Top Bottom