It came from Xibalba

I was headed to the Xibalba sector, charting planets and looking for something...when I was pulled from hyperspace! I had been hyperdicted evidently, but I was tens of thousands of light years away away from Thargoid space! No Thargoids had shown up and I couldnÂ’t figure out what had pulled me down...that wasnÂ’t the weirdest part...The hyperdrive couldnÂ’t initialize something was preventing Hyperspace travel throughout the entire system.

The only thing of note in the system was a rogue planet. A regular rogue planet is unusual but this planet was even more so. The planet was huge. Three times bigger than Earth and sensors registered it to be capable of supporting life.

I decided to scan the planet and found several ruins. This planet had been settled at some point and based on how far from the bubble I was, IÂ’d wager it wasnÂ’t a Human settlement. I decided to land and check it out.

I did not take into account the heightened gravity and having built my ship for deep space exploration my thrusters were...insufficient. It was a rough landing and my AFM was shot...and my thrusters had melted from the strain. I still had a SLF for short range travel though so I decided to explore.

It was clear a war had been fought here but even before that this place had been a starship graveyard. I saw ruins of ships that looked strikingly familiar, and some so bizarre as to defy comprehension. They were mostly clustered around a massive structure, some embedded IN the structure

It took me a few weeks to figure out what it was. First I thought it was a planetary engine and that was how the planet had escaped itÂ’s sunÂ’s orbit but they were actually a bizarre amalgamation of a massive hyperspace interdictor and hyperdrive designed to as far as I could tell anchor the planet in space. This was what had pulled me down from hyperspace.

I checked the other sites and one was toppled having been snapped in half by an enormous ship that had rammed the hyperspace anchor, another had failed from strain and lack of maintenance.

After a few more weeks I was able to salvage and piece together part of a log from a guardian ship. “Stop from unleash...Tartarus” is the closest translation IÂ’ve been able to come up with. I translated a few other things too. Do you want to know what they called these hyperspace anchors? “Leashes.”

Don't tell me, you didn't get any pics because you're on console and your PVR is full - amiright ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Hmm.... one of these cases of "Don't drink & fly"?

But thanks for the advice, should I ever run across a bottle labeled "Xibalba" I won't touch it ;)

PS.
What's with these Accounts registering to the Forum, only to write a single piece of heavy RolePlay fantasy that (mechanically) consists of multiple elements which don't even work in the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom