I've been trying to get the TMTK to work for a week +...

it's a no go? I've tried everything pretty much + I always get this same error =
I've been trying for 1 week every day +

even the simple popcorn tutorial and always get this error:

• An unexpected error occurred preventing the build from completing [BuildException]"An exception occurred during resource build : {'Exception': \"[Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: 'Z:\\\\\\\\Frontier\\\\\\\\UGCBuilder\\\\\\\\Res\\\\\\\\01_?orpse@dead.fbx'\"}"
  • Build process failed. [ugcBuilderFailed]"Conversion process returned a non zero exit code: 254"

any new suggestions would be helpful thank you

I need some suggestions as to how not to get this error (I believe it has something to do with the icon.png file)
see screen shots of my files + the error message

Snap 2019-05-14 at 07.35.57.png

Snap 2019-05-14 at 07.36.44.png

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you

hm, if it was the icon you would get a different error code, this is probably a file format error. what format are your textures in?

This is the usual error code you would get, if the converter doesn't recognize th icon.png
ugcNoIconThe pre-build failed because the uploaded zip does not contain an "icon.png" file.Ensure there is a icon.png included in the .zip file

https://thememakers-toolkit.planetcoaster.com/user-guide/error-descriptions

hard to tell just by the limited info.

• What's the pixel size of your icon.png?
  • Are the texture png's in different pixel sizes or do they all have the same dimensions?
  • how many pixels in size are your textures?
  • What program did you use to save the textures in?
  • Anything you can say about the textures can be helpful to pinpoint the error.
Steps to narrow the possible root:

• upload the model without textures in the zip, but with the icon.png
  • if the same error persists, resave the icon.png in a 256x256 or 128x128 size, with sRGB color profile enabled.

Keep me updated, whther any of the steps helped.

cheers,
Arti

• 30kb

• Are the texture png's in different pixel sizes or do they all have the same dimensions?
  • same dimensions

• how many pixels in size are your textures?
  • total= 509kb

• What program did you use to save the textures in?
  • gimp

• Anything you can say about the textures can be helpful to pinpoint the error.

+ i'll try these 2 suggestions also thnx

• upload the model without textures in the zip, but with the icon.png
  • if the same error persists, resave the icon.png in a 256x256 or 128x128 size, with sRGB color profile enabled.

• 30kb
the 30kb is the filesize of your icon.png, sorry if i might have expressed it a little confusing, i meant the dimensions of the icon.png
(i.e. 128pixels by 128pixels)(you can see that if you right-click on the icon and select "properties")

However, let me first know whether the upload works without the other textures. Then i can say for sure whether it's the icon or not.

Oh i missed the first screenshot. i know where the error is stemming from.
You have a file in there named "preview".
Did you include that in the zip? If so, that's what corrupts the upload.
And make sure, if then your item appears white ingame,
that you add a material to your model with the name "box2"(without the footnotes, of course)

Hope this helps!

• 30kb
the 30kb is the filesize of your icon.png, sorry if i might have expressed it a little confusing, i meant the dimensions of the icon.png
(i.e. 128pixels by 128pixels)(you can see that if you right-click on the icon and select "properties")

However, let me first know whether the upload works without the other textures. Then i can say for sure whether it's the icon or not.

yes it/icon is 128 x 128

Last edited:
Oh i missed the first screenshot. i know where the error is stemming from.
You have a file in there named "preview".
Did you include that in the zip? If so, that's what corrupts the upload.
And make sure, if then your item appears white ingame,
that you add a material to your model with the name "box2"(without the footnotes, of course)

Hope this helps!

yes I had that preview file in there.

+ I also just did the test with =
upload the model without textures in the zip, but with the icon.png

and the model was ok/just white + no texture on it.

Does it work now? Without the "preview" file?

if your zip only includes your:

-box2.fbx
-box2_BC.png
-icon.png

should upload normally and with textures.
If it's still white, then go back to your 3D model, add just a simple material(do nothing to it except to change the name of the material to box2, that is if you didn't already do that)

Should work fine then. :)

cheers,
Arti

yes I had that preview file in there.

+ I also just did the test with =
upload the model without textures in the zip, but with the icon.png

and the model was ok just no texture on it.
Does it work now? Without the "preview" file?

if your zip only includes your:

-box2.fbx
-box2_BC.png
-icon.png

should upload normally and with textures.
If it's still white, then go back to your 3D model, add just a simple material(do nothing to it except to change the name of the material to box2, that is if you didn't already do that)

Should work fine then. :)

cheers,
Arti

ok I will give this a try + see how it goes + thank you for all your great help, + suggestions. :)

Top Bottom