Dinosaurs Buildings & Attractions Jurassic Park Raptor Paddock Functionality

Currently the raptor paddock is just part of the campaign and all it does is ''hold'' raptors, what would be good if it was redone so that raptors can be stored inside it and can break out when the power cuts out because currently, the enclosure is worthless (Functionality not dependant of campaign mode)

Attachments

• raptor pen.jpg
    raptor pen.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,498
You know, I do see sone potential for the pen being expanded if it is to be decided.

Sandbox would seem like it can be done where you can place raptors in and release them, just for the fun of it, as it’s literally just like the hatchery in many ways.

If they are to break out of it, I would recommend them climbing out of the gap on the wiring, but that would mean a new script animation sequence for them.

So, I do really like the idea of expanding it. However, the only thing I’m concerned about is how in the heck can they balance this out if they were to bring all of this over to the campaign mode? Because for the final mission, the pen must be undamaged for the building to operate properly to release them just like how the hatcheries work, and all three raptors must be alive and present on the island prior to the part where you must use your mission required rex to deal with them.

Perhaps they could make it so the Velociraptors throughout the campaign “invincible”. How? By enabling infinite lifespans for them so they don’t die of old age, disabling lethal fighting against the other small carnivores that can attack them back, disable their hunger and thirst needs as well as their chance of getting diseased so they won’t suffer and die from poor health, disable the ability to sell them so that they are still present on the map in the same fashion when you temporarily transport mission required dinosaurs in the main campaign (when you place them in the pen, the raptors despawn out of the map, but are still within that map’s coding).

The raptors I would recommend them to be always agitated and rampaging, so you know you will be stuck with too dangerous dinosaurs to keep properly until the last mission, and until then, you must always keep them in your raptor pen.

Then, for the start of the final mission, you will be required to ensure that all three raptors are contained in the raptor pen and the pen itself must be undamaged and powered. Once those aspects are properly met and you have your mission required rex ready, then the next part of the mission where the fun begins shall commence.

Once the campaign is finished, you will be able to freely do what you and I recommend with the raptor pen above with no worry.

Last edited:
Could always just have it for putting white eyes on/taking them off your raptors, as small a function as that is.

At this point, I could settle for the raptor paddock to give the velociraptors around it a unique +35 scenery boost. At least then the paddock would be more connected to the raptors in the game function wise, and would make the raptors more unique from the other small carnivores in the game.

Another I want to point is that the paddock is absent from challenge mode altogether. True it currently lacks any notable gameplay option outside of the main campaign, but it should still be an option for players to use to decorate their parks.

Top Bottom