General / Off-Topic Just got banned from X Rebirth Steam Discussion...

For saying X Afterbirth was garbage and everyone playing it should get ED instead folliwed by a link to EDs store page.

Such censorship.... :eek:

For saying X Afterbirth was garbage and everyone playing it should get ED instead folliwed by a link to EDs store page.

Is that game still going? Thought it would have died a death by now.

Its not as if you aren't saying anything that wasn't said months ago when it was released, but if you spam a forum you cant be surprised when you get what you deserve.

It's not censorship.
You have no free speech in an area where you sign up to terms and conditions.
If you contravene the Ts&Cs they can do whatever they like. The same way you can do whatever you like, within the law, inside your own house.
If you don't like what someone is saying within your walls then you are entirely within your rights to ask them to leave or eject them from the premises should that become necessary.
Free speech on internet forums is a naïve fantasy.
You're in their house. Play by their rules. Or you're out.
That's the way it is everywhere. Including inside your house.

Is that game still going? Thought it would have died a death by now.

Its not as if you aren't saying anything that wasn't said months ago when it was released, but if you spam a forum you cant be surprised when you get what you deserve.

I didn't spam, was in a discussion about the new patch coming soon, me and some dude were arguing about how bad the game is, I posted it as a reply to the topic then a few mins later its deleted and I'm banned.

I cant talk - I got a perma-ban from the DCS forums for saying those 'games' were pants. I absolutely loved flight sims in the 90s but these new flight sims are just not fun. Nothing like EF2000 and Gunship 2000.

It takes skill to create a good game. Far too many games these days are living on the laurels of their past successes games like Civ and Simcity - they just are a shadow of the first classic versions. Many games like FIFA and Football Manager are just expansions packs being sold for a full price. And yet other games like CoD are just variations on an overworn theme.

I think Elite Dangerous and indy games like Kerbal are a much needed breath of fresh air to a decrepit gaming industry.

Seems fair enough to me OP - you were pretty much trolling them, so I can understand why you got the boot.

I haven't really played much of the X series, but they have been the only commercial software house willing to put out space games for a good few years. The developers have namechecked Elite as their inspiration whenever I have seen anything from them. Okay, they may have been too ambitious in the scope of their latest game and released too early, but at least they were willing to give it a go for all those years that other developers were making XBox games for kiddies and/or drifting out in the wilderness. And they are trying to patch their game into a playable state. I think mean-spirited trolling of their game's fans is a bit out of order. At least they got something released, after all.

(Perhaps they are even backers of this game, who knows - are you out there guys?)

I haven't really played much of the X series, but they have been the only commercial software house willing to put out space games for a good few years. The developers have namechecked Elite as their inspiration whenever I have seen anything from them. Okay, they may have been too ambitious in the scope of their latest game and released too early, but at least they were willing to give it a go for all those years that other developers were making XBox games for kiddies and/or drifting out in the wilderness. And they are trying to patch their game into a playable state. I think mean-spirited trolling of their game's fans is a bit out of order. At least they got something released, after all.

Or they have been putting out second hand rip off of a good space game because there was a desperate audience who would buy anything to fill their need for a space sim. I bought a couple of them and regretted it. I regretted buying the second one a lot more then the first mind. Luckily I learned my lesson after that one and didnt fall for X

I had some high hopes for X Rebirth but it seemed very buggy and complicated. X Albion Prelude was very addictive in the start. Build factories, buy new ship and create an empire, but there was in the end to much to follow. So it just faded away. Been looking at some X Rebirth playtru on You Tube but its mostly in German so I dont understand much. Well it sums it up.

I think we cleverly hold on to our E.D
It seems to have endless possibilities. Who knows maybe one day we can even build our own station or base on a planet. :D

Or they have been putting out second hand rip off of a good space game because there was a desperate audience who would buy anything to fill their need for a space sim. I bought a couple of them and regretted it. I regretted buying the second one a lot more then the first mind. Luckily I learned my lesson after that one and didnt fall for X

Why get angry over nothing? So a game you bought didn't turn out to be exactly what you wanted it to be. Boo hoo. I used to buy games in the early 80s, before steam demos or demo CDs/disks/tapes on magazines were the norm. Some of them were terrible, but I managed not to spend my entire youth in a fog of bitterness and outrage.

There are way too many drama queens online, who waste time moaning about other people's hard work when, if they had any talent and/or application, they could use that time to develop their own dream game instead.

I think we cleverly hold on to our E.D
It seems to have endless possibilities. Who knows maybe one day we can even build our own station or base on a planet. :D

I hope not (that last bit about building stations and bases). There are already a few 4X space games, and it all seems a bit dull to me.

Top Bottom